Timeless - NBC's "Hard SF" & "Historical" TT Series

Timeless has appeared into the Netflix. If you missed it, now is your chance to rewatch it, before new season begins and I get so confused. Netflix gives me 98% match for some reason. I'm not sure why.

Timeless has appeared into the Netflix. If you missed it, now is your chance to rewatch it, before new season begins and I get so confused. Netflix gives me 98% match for some reason. I'm not sure why.

Stream the crap out of this people. It's one of the best original sci-fi shows of the past decade. Might be my favorite sci-fi show from the past five years.

Stream the crap out of this people. It's one of the best original sci-fi shows of the past decade. Might be my favorite sci-fi show from the past five years.

It's a terrific show,hopefully the ratings pick up so it can run for a few more seasons.:cool:

Isn't it worrying that what we see as must see TV (Timeless, Babyon 5, Firefly, etc.) can barely, if it all, get ratings enough to sustain it. In some ways we must be out of touch

Isn't it worrying that what we see as must see TV (Timeless, Babyon 5, Firefly, etc.) can barely, if it all, get ratings enough to sustain it. In some ways we must be out of touch
I've watched parts of Love Island, Big Brother, Great British Bake Off, Britain's Got Talent, X-Factor, Eastenders and Coronation Street, and my conclusion is that I am not the one who is out of touch.

I've watched parts of Love Island, Big Brother, Great British Bake Off, Britain's Got Talent, X-Factor, Eastenders and Coronation Street, and my conclusion is that I am not the one who is out of touch.

Well, there's that of course. ;)

Has anyone seen Timeless? I've just found it on Netflix (UK) and think it's great. I love history and, although US-centric, I've learned a bit more about various events.

It's been a while since I've watched something that I find I actually stop playing Candy Crush and watch! I like the characters, I LOVE the ambiguity of the antagonist/s and it keeps me watching with the clever, intricate storylines.

Apparently it was axed after 1 season - for 3 days - but there is going to be a season 2.

There are some things that niggle - but I won't put them up as they might be classed as spoilers.

If you like sci-fi/time travel fun then I recommend you check it out :)

Thanks for that, Lex. Saw the first season and was annoyed when it got canceled. I'll keep an eye open for it.

Indeed, watched the entire first season and I will watch another if as promised it appears.

According to actors Timeless season 2 has entered the writers room.

I wonder if they have read the forum and taken in our opinions. TT business is in a transition as we understand the science more than ever before. We even understand the consequences before they develop. Travelers is the one I'm waiting with great interest to return at Netflix.

2.01 The War to End All Wars
Great comeback episode for the series. A lot of groundwork laid for the season. I'm looking forward to it.

Wow. I don't know what to say. I'm not even sure I should say anything because I was so negative. But I liked it a lot.

I also liked it, but it reminded me a lot of the way that Alias shifted gears. All of a sudden you have some of the basic background, but a lot of the characters are shuffled into different roles and the once clear conflict is not so clear at all. I did learn a lot about Madame Curie and Irene that I had not known. --- Much to my chagrin!

I am still liking it as Timeless has taken a new direction with Rittenhouse's master plan gearing towards the master race. It is a timeless agenda and a bold one picked straight out of mad man's box of wonders.

NBC has clearly understood that the modern audience doesn't want the old school format with 'a thing of the week,' when almost everyone else is doing character driven series. They did this with new Star Trek and I believe we are in for a treat in this one as well as things cannot go back to way they were. None of the characters are exactly at the same point, where they started. Lucy, for example, lost her mum, her sister, everyone that was important until she was told that they were all part of the Rittenhouse family.

The thing that actual frightens me is Rittenhouse's agenda and the distribution of at least ten pawns in different times in the past. If one of them manages to full fill their mission things are going to change suddenly to probably something bad. If two or five manages to put things in play thing certainly are going to look dark for the humanity living in the Timeless universe. So, although Lucy and gang chased Flynn through time and space sometimes the madness of anarchist is the only solution to go forward, because there is nothing to be gaining for staying in good shoes if the slightly naughty actions saves the day.

I don't think they are going to show Lucy diving into the darkness and never getting out from there, even thought it could be interesting to see how Rittenhouse's plan changes the world. Maybe we will get a ST's kind of Disney ending with, no trouble in the horizon, even though it would be better for story sake to see Rittenhouse scoring at least partial win.

For those, like me, who wait for shows to appear on terrestrial TV in the UK, there are now adverts saying that Timeless is "Coming Soon" to the E4 channel.

Reactions: ctg