Timeless - NBC's "Hard SF" & "Historical" TT Series

1. ctg

ctg weaver of the unseen

The best episode of the season!

Not only they showed Jack being naughty from the beginning, they transported him into the future, because of the safety issues. What could go wrong? Everything. They even told JFK about the assassination and still it happened. It is almost as if you cannot change anything even though you dump the necessary information into the subject and somehow you don't cause a greater contamination.

The only problem with the issue is the information travel from the past to the future and into the Rittenhouse hands. I don't understand how it all really happened, because the info was given before the sleepers were eliminated in the past. Did their deaths inform Rittenhouse of the failure of the mission? But more concerning for me is the information overload that JFK got from the future and looking at the Wiki pages. How did he manage to keep it all secret and not benefit from what he learned? Seeing the proof make one even more determined it's the thing than believing it's false.

Also the notion of God and it being the vessel for giving the oracle visions rubs against the logic and scientific beliefs. Then again we are living in the age, where science has proven that souls exists. Why to ignore that fact and completely dump the mysticism?

Oh, there are so many questions I'd like to have answers and I cannot wait for the next one. I hope there's lots before the summer season starts and Timeless goes to a four month season break.

Apr 16, 2018 at 2:41 PM
  2. Dave

Dave Wherever I Am, I'm There Staff Member

I understand your reasons for saying that as you have described above. For me, I thought they missed a big chance to make a lot more fun with more of the pop culture references. However, this show already has a lot of comedy, without it being an actual comedy, and they probably didn't want to upset that delicate balance.

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:12 PM
  3. ctg

ctg weaver of the unseen

I think they are still being careful on their experiments on this season. They got a big scare, when it was cancelled so I would understand if they're hesitant on doing things out from the norm. The last episode had so many references on them being happy that they didn't actually had to go to past, as that angle worked without putting on the costume. Why is it that they don't explore more on the closer timeline? I think closer would mean that they could experiment on things to get a head of Rittenhouse.

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:28 PM