Audiobook scifi newbie

Devildavedevil

Recently have been mainly listening to fantasy...after red rising trilogy I decided to try some scifi, so 4books into 'the expance' loving it. Where to go next??? Never read any scifi part from ones above.

I listen to a lot of audiobooks because im on the road alot. Problem is, this genre doesnt often lend itself to easy audiobook listening with the vibrant setting descriptions and what have you (hard to pay attention to). Also, I think some of the best scifi books have relatively mediocre to bad narrators.

I just listened to all 6 of the Joe Abercrombie books in the First law universe. THe narrator was Steven Pacey. Never have I heard better narration in an audiobook.

The expanse is easier to listen to in audiobook format. I did like Pandoras Star by Peter F. Hamilton but the narration wasn't to my liking for one, and again, the setting details just very extensive and hard for my ADHD brain to follow while driving.

Why don't you try Richard Morgan's books. He's done Sci Fi and Fantasy series. I've checked the audiobooks and the narrators are Todd McLaren or William Dufris for the SF ones and Simon Vance does the fantasy ones. I've read them but not listened so I can't vouch for the narrators but definitely worth a go.