Grimm to end after Season 6

A bit disappointed by this , but 6 years is a pretty good run for a series. I hope the series finale will be epic. :)

Well this will then follow the standard formula for such series these days, as seen elsewhere in such series as Buffy, the Pretender, Dollshouse, Heroes, even Charmed etc, to name but a few.

Create a character or set of characters who are in some way special/different from the rest of us.
Play with this idea to create a number of fun little one (occasionally 2) episode adventures.
Make the character(s) develop some special relationships and reveal a bit about how they got to be like that.
The adventures start to show interconnectedness, which is thus revealed as some dark plot but some shady adversary.
The adversary is shown to be really nasty and liable to destroy /horribly change the whole world for us all, not just the protagonist.
The world is eventually (normally) saved by our hero (and his or her friends) and the rest of us can go back to being 'ornery (and ignorant) people.

I go back to being an old cynic but also a stoic and wait patiently (?) for the next such series to come out.

Well this will then follow the standard formula for such series these days, as seen elsewhere in such series as Buffy, the Pretender, Dollshouse, Heroes, even Charmed etc, to name but a few.

Create a character or set of characters who are in some way special/different from the rest of us.
Play with this idea to create a number of fun little one (occasionally 2) episode adventures.
Make the character(s) develop some special relationships and reveal a bit about how they got to be like that.
The adventures start to show interconnectedness, which is thus revealed as some dark plot but some shady adversary.
The adversary is shown to be really nasty and liable to destroy /horribly change the whole world for us all, not just the protagonist.
The world is eventually (normally) saved by our hero (and his or her friends) and the rest of us can go back to being 'ornery (and ignorant) people.

I go back to being an old cynic but also a stoic and wait patiently (?) for the next such series to come out.

Its a fantasy series that managed to make if for 6 seasons. Much of the series was quite good. :)

Much of the series was quite good.

I quite agree.
I also quite enjoyed the series that I mentioned (apart from charmed, although my daughter did.)
They also had fairly long runs (4 series and above), other than Dollshouse, which only ran for 2 I think but still mostly followed my formula.

shame to read this - but TBH it's lasted longer than one might have expected so I'll take that as a win

Wow! Penultimate episode, Season 6 Episode 12: Zerstörer Shrugged, just went all Blake's Seven, if you know what I mean. I wasn't expecting that.
Well this will then follow the standard formula for such series these days... The world is eventually (normally) saved by our hero (and his or her friends) and the rest of us can go back to being 'ornery (and ignorant) people.
Or maybe not. Maybe instead, we are all going to die at the hands of the adversary, "shown to be really nasty and liable to destroy /horribly change the whole world for us all."

Or maybe not. Maybe instead, we are all going to die at the hands of the adversary,

Maybe, Dave.
Series 6 has just become available on Netflix, at least in France.
So I guess I'll find out.

I can see that many of you have already seen Series 6, So I've only skimmed the threads to avoid spoilers. :)

Sorry it’s over. I just came across this on Amazon Prime Video. My cousin was a police detective so this reminds me of him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pedro Del Mar Book Discussion 5
WaylanderToo Grimm 2
Extollager Literary Fiction 3
Connavar Grimm 4
clovis-man Grimm 39