Bernard Cornwell's The Last Kingdom on Kindle offer

Vertigo

Mad Mountain Man
Supporter
I've just received an email saying that Bernard Cornwell's The Last Kingdom series books 1-8 are on offer on Kindle on Amazon UK for just one day - today - at £0.99 each (I have no idea if there is a similar offer available elsewhere in the world).

Definitely worth looking at if you haven't read them yet. I've only read the first one so I'm planning on taking up this offer. However I have contacted Amazon customer services as, when I go to amazon.co.uk, books 3 and 4 are not at 99p but considerably more. All the rest however are at 99p so I shall be getting them and waiting to see what Amazon have to say on the other two (if anything...).

Well I've bought all the ones that are at 99p but that leaves out 3 and 4. If I get any response from Amazon I'll post it here.

There you go, it is worth querying these things sometimes. I confess to being very surprised: I received a phone call just now from Amazon customer services apologising and saying that, for some reason they didn't go into, they were unable to change to price on books 3 and 4 and have now modified the offer, but since they saw that I had bought all the others on the offer, they have given me a gift voucher for the difference so I can go ahead and buy them anyway for 99p. Definitely a yay! A saving of over £10! :)

Nice, I liked the TV series and wanted to read the original novels. Probably just get the first two though. Damn Amazon for sitting on my royalty fortunes....