Charles de Lint

Ross Stephen

I didn't see any threads on this author, so here I go. The first book of his I read was Svaha, which is set in post apocalyptic North America. The main character is a Native American warrior(the Indians have enclaves protected by force fields)who is sent out as a scout to thr Outer Lands(basically what's alert of the Toronto magalopolis). It's filled with Indian mythology and dealings excellent prose and fast narrative make this book a great adventure.

The Little Country is set in Corwall, England and is grand adventure with Celtic majic, music and glamour. This one received great reviews from P. a. McKillip, Orson Card, Greg Bear and others.

The Onion Girl is simply a unique story about a girl who ends up walking in two worlds, on a journey that was you start reading, you won't want to stop.

I've read over 2000 scifi and fantasy novels and I'd put Charles deLint in my top 20 favourite authors. I hope you enjoy his work as much as I do, Ross

Its a while since I read him, but he certainly is memorable. Not in my top 20, but certainly someone I'd revisit.