Joe Abercrombie's new First Law world trilogy

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Joe Abercrombie posts an update, and provides more details on the coming new First Law world trilogy:

Progress Report August ’16 | Joe Abercrombie

As I’ve probably said before, this is a set of books taking place maybe 25-30 years after the end of Last Argument of Kings, in a world moving rapidly forward into the turmoil of early industrialisation, set mainly in the Union (and the North), featuring some old friends in the background while focussing mostly on a new cast, and perhaps picking up some threads left over from the First Law trilogy a little more directly than the standalone books have.

Anyway, long story short, this is planned to be a trilogy of nine parts – three books each of three parts – and I’ve drafted the first and am tackling the second – so getting towards half way through a really rough first draft of the first book.

biodroid

Expensive Gadget User
Sounds good, still have to finish The Last Argument of Kings (well, still need to start it first).

sozme

Sounds great, it'd be awesome if Glokta is still in it. I imagine Logan would be too old at this point.