Fool's Quest - spoilers!

FeedMeTV

The Fifth Member of SG-1
I've just finished reading Fool's Quest, the second in the Fitz and the Fool trilogy. Please be aware of spoilers if you haven't finished reading...

I have really enjoyed coming back to Fitz' story and learning more about Bee. Fool's Quest is carried along in quite a leisurely pace but, as ever, its a real treat for an author to let readers get to know the characters properly and not feel the need to hurtle through the story.

There was a little dip in the middle where Fitz wasn't able to take any action but the ending was really exciting and so hard to have to wait until next year for the finale!

Fitz remains as infuriatingly solitary and stubborn though - he'd have so many more answers if he'd just let the Fool listen to Bee's dream journal...

Fitz remains as infuriatingly solitary and stubborn though - he'd have so many more answers if he'd just let the Fool listen to Bee's dream journal...

I know! You just want to shake him sometimes. :D

I enjoyed it, too. I think I liked this one better than the first Fitz and Fool book, since that one had so much set-up going on. And I agree, the ending was a nail-biter. :)

I love seeing the little snippets of Nighteyes through Bee. That's very clever and will clearly have a bigger role in the story than just fan-service.

Fitz' dedication to Nighteyes is sweet but his use of the Wit is a great addition to the books and I do miss seeing more of that.

I absolutely agree! Very cool seeing Bee talking to Nighteyes, and yes, I wish we'd get more of the Wit in it all. But it feels like she's setting it up for more on the Wit, and I can be patient. :)

That's one think I couldn't understand. How come Bee can talk to Nighteyses and no more to Fitz ? He was supposed to be the wise half of Fitz after his death. I guess, I miss him, too.