Building a mailing list

Quick question for those in the know... How do you (if you can) avoid having your actual physical address on your mailing list? Other than a PO box, which I can't afford.

Depends on which software you use. I know with the forums I can designate the "send-from" email address. I would have thought that mailing software would either offer that option, else provide an email address specific to that platform.

If neither is available, it's easy to create an email address - you could create an official/business one on Gmail, for example, and use it for all correspondence relating to the writing. Generally it's better not to use your personal email address for everything IMO.

Depends on which software you use. I know with the forums I can designate the "send-from" email address. I would have thought that mailing software would either offer that option, else provide an email address specific to that platform.

If neither is available, it's easy to create an email address - you could create an official/business one on Gmail, for example, and use it for all correspondence relating to the writing. Generally it's better not to use your personal email address for everything IMO.
It'a not an email address but a residential address and short of breaching their contract there is no way of not inputting a valid one. Nor is there anyway of hiding it from subscribers.

Oops - completely missed that it was about a physical address! :D

You can certainly pay for a business forwarding address:
business forwarding address - Google Search

I used to pay about £20/month for one in central London, precisely so that I could avoid putting my home address online. You may find cheaper, but you may also find it's not worth the cost.

Yeah, a Royal Mail PO box is £23 a month and I cant afford that for nothing. been looking at some companies that provide a free PO box, but charge you per item if you get mail, as long as nobody sends you anything, which no-one should, may be ok.

Okay, I think I have a solution (at least for people in the UK, not sure about overseas accounts, but can't see a problem)
UKpostbox.com provide a payg virtual mail system, you get a po box, any mail sent, they will scan and forward electronicaly. You pay by item/page so for a mailing list, you should never actualy get mail so should be permanently free.
Looked up on trustpilot etc and looks legit and well rated.

Okay, I think I have a solution (at least for people in the UK, not sure about overseas accounts, but can't see a problem)
UKpostbox.com provide a payg virtual mail system, you get a po box, any mail sent, they will scan and forward electronicaly. You pay by item/page so for a mailing list, you should never actualy get mail so should be permanently free.
Looked up on trustpilot etc and looks legit and well rated.

That sounds good Quellist; would be interested to know how you get on.

Back