Great God's War trilogy coming

I was wandering through Waterstones this morning and broke one of my vows. After pushing myself to read through the last four Covenant books, finding them not only completely mediocre but ending in one of the biggest cop outs in literary history, I angrily vowed that never again would I read any Donaldson.

And then today I saw the Seventh Decimate and bought it (finally realising that I have the spine of a mollusc).

But I'm warning you now, Mr Donaldson, it better be good because this is your very last chance with me:mad:.....
at least until I wander through Waterstones again and see volume two:rolleyes:

I hope it's better than the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, I'll admit I needed to keep a dictionary handy, I'm sure he had a bet with someone about how many obscure words he could use.
Overall I did enjoy them not as much as the first chronicles but I was frustrated with the writing style.

Well, so far (60 pages in) Seventh Decimate is fairly mediocre stuff - your common or garden quest sets off (ooh! something really different...what a surprise:rolleyes:) and is beset by a hell of a lot of telling. Also, I feel no empathy whatsoever yet towards the main character. I'm hoping the story saves it but I have my doubts.

Back