Liberator

@Quellist You are #68 in Space Opera Hot New Releases. Just so you know there is that to look at too!

HOT NEW RELEASE.png

Nice, thanks for sharing that ratsy!

Createspace is done and submitted, waiting on their review mail, so up to 24 hours for that. I am not happy with the US price though, we will have to sell it at $13.29, which I think is high. £8.99 in the UK and €9.49 in Europe, which seem reasonable. The US price seems not so reasonable to me, what would you US guys usually be happy to pay for a full length novel?

Createspace is done and submitted, waiting on their review mail, so up to 24 hours for that. I am not happy with the US price though, we will have to sell it at $13.29, which I think is high. £8.99 in the UK and €9.49 in Europe, which seem reasonable. The US price seems not so reasonable to me, what would you US guys usually be happy to pay for a full length novel?

Actually, it seems kind'a low, compared to the books I've published through them. Yo will find you can offer it lower on your own site, though. Check and see how much they end up charging you for a copy plus shipping.

Can't you set the price individually for the different markets??
Yes, but it gives you a minimum amount that you can set, the US price minimum was over $13, so we rounded it up very slightly to make a 9 at the end, to give a tidy price. So o buy it in the US is, sadly, dearer than to buy in the UK and Europe, where it is at £8.99 and €9.49. So near as damnit the same price in UK and EU, but quite a bit higher in the US and we arn't allowed to bring it down.
Does anyone know why that would be?

Just ordered the proof copy from createspace...

Liberator now has a facebook page, though Darren is running it, not me, so jump over there and give it a like, or whatever it is you mysterious facebook people do!
In other news, Liberator seems to be doing better on Kindle Unlimited than on sales, pages read peaked yesterday with a new high of 1128 pages read that day. I didn't realise that KU was actually as popular as it seems to be. That is the equivalent of 3.7 copies of Liberator read in one day. I'd love to know how many people are actually reading it and the location but that doesnt seem to be available. What we really need is people getting reviews in! People seem so resistant to actually leaving reviews!
Do KU reads have an impact on ranking?

So, if you have read it, please, please leave a review on Amazon and Goodreads!

Liberator now has a facebook page, though Darren is running it, not me, so jump over there and give it a like, or whatever it is you mysterious facebook people do!
In other news, Liberator seems to be doing better on Kindle Unlimited than on sales, pages read peaked yesterday with a new high of 1128 pages read that day. I didn't realise that KU was actually as popular as it seems to be. That is the equivalent of 3.7 copies of Liberator read in one day. I'd love to know how many people are actually reading it and the location but that doesnt seem to be available. What we really need is people getting reviews in! People seem so resistant to actually leaving reviews!
Do KU reads have an impact on ranking?

So, if you have read it, please, please leave a review on Amazon and Goodreads!

Yes, KU impact on ranking - and tend to be about equal for me compared to sales. You should be able to break it down into country on the sales board.

Reviews are hard to get in - and they take time.

Thwnks Jo, I see it now. For some reason I didn't think to change the filters... Stupid me.

I love the heading "Imagine an asymmetric mix of Aliens, The Expendables and Star Wars... Exploding.... While on fire.... In Space"

Does anyone have any experiences of using ACX (the audio book equivalent of createspace) in creating and selling audio books?
The process looks relatively simple, and you get to audition your narrators and so on, and they do a royalty based model where you and the narrator both earn 20%, which is fine by me, as there is now way we can afford to pay a producer upfront. I'm quite happy for the sales to go through Audible, Amazon and iTunes.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Liberator is now available in paperback from Amazon, or direct from Createspace.

Liberator on kindle is now 99p in the UK and 99c in the US for a week, from 8AM on the 1st October. It won't be reduced again for a long time, so if you fancy it, grab it this week!

Thanks! I've been meaning to pick it up for a while, and I've just been paid so it's off to Amazon I go. Really looking forward to reading it - browsed the first page on Amazon and it looks super:)

EDIT: done!

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vertigo Reviews & Interviews 17
Rafellin Blake's 7 11
D Blake's 7 3