Ebook Bundles and Deals

Do you guys notice these just in browsing or do you receive some sort of alerts/notifications from Amazon about sales? I ought to keep tab on these from the US side.

I'm signed up to an Amazon Kindle Daily Deals alert, so I always see the *main* promotions that come up.

However, I also have a Wishlist for any novels I might one day like to buy, and after checking the Daily Deals I then check this list - because often other books will go on sale without ever being notified as such. That how I picked up the Bernard Cornwall novels the other week - there was no notification, I just saw them reduced in my Wishlist.

It only takes a minute each day to run a check, but it's saved me a lot of money. And Kindle Daily Deal alerts have highlighted some books I found too tempting to resist at a steep discount. :)

I'm signed up to an Amazon Kindle Daily Deals alert, so I always see the *main* promotions that come up.

However, I also have a Wishlist for any novels I might one day like to buy, and after checking the Daily Deals I then check this list - because often other books will go on sale without ever being notified as such. That how I picked up the Bernard Cornwall novels the other week - there was no notification, I just saw them reduced in my Wishlist.

It only takes a minute each day to run a check, but it's saved me a lot of money. And Kindle Daily Deal alerts have highlighted some books I found too tempting to resist at a steep discount. :)

I fear what an Amazon wishlist will do to my wallet, but thanks for this!

This costs $10.94 at Amazon right now on kindle but one day it was on sale for $0.49 so I downloaded it.
The Complete Harvard Classics Collection (Golden Deer Classics) [51 Volumes + The Harvard Classic Shelf Of Fiction] by [Eliot, Charles W., Classics, Golden Deer, Milton, John, Plato, Franklin, Benjamin, Smith, Adam, Darwin, Charles, de Cervantes, Miguel, Virgil, Anonymous, Brothers, Grimm, Andersen, Hans Christian, Goldsmith, Oliver, Alighieri, Dante, Corneille, Pierre, Racine, Jean, Molière, de Montaigne, Michel, Voltaire, Machiavelli, Niccolò, Confucius, Shakespeare, William]

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I ain't no butter knife either.

Last edited:
I fear what an Amazon wishlist will do to my wallet, but thanks for this!
You can sign up with Bookbub and there specify your favourite authors and your favourite genres and they will send you emails when they detect any offers matching your preferences. It's doesn't pick up on everything but it does pick up on more than I would notice on my own!

@Brian G Turner yes it's frustrating; I now have all except 9 and 11 and my next read will be book 8 so I may end up needing to pay full price for 9!

This costs $10.94 at Amazon right now on kindle but one day it was on sale for $0.49 so I downloaded it.
The Complete Harvard Classics Collection (Golden Deer Classics) [51 Volumes + The Harvard Classic Shelf Of Fiction] by [Eliot, Charles W., Classics, Golden Deer, Milton, John, Plato, Franklin, Benjamin, Smith, Adam, Darwin, Charles, de Cervantes, Miguel, Virgil, Anonymous, Brothers, Grimm, Andersen, Hans Christian, Goldsmith, Oliver, Alighieri, Dante, Corneille, Pierre, Racine, Jean, Molière, de Montaigne, Michel, Voltaire, Machiavelli, Niccolò, Confucius, Shakespeare, William]

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I ain't no butter knife either.
Won't most/all of those be free Gutenberg anyway?

Won't most/all of those be free Gutenberg anyway?

Probably, but not all free books are formatted nor setup the same. Some sites list them very bare bones as text files, others have formatted them well for ebooks. For some books there's also likely variation depending on what edition they print, though that can be complicated to trace even for just print books let alone unmonitored ebooks.

A few deals, though two are comic based and one is almost up (sorry for the late notice)

All the IDW published comics for Godzilla - yep all their current works to date. Top tier is only $15, though this one is over in under a day so DO jump on now if you want it because it won't be around much longer

A selection of manga (Japanese comics) including some big names such as up to volume 20 of Attack on Titan, Blame and Aposimz as well as others. 12 days or so from this post till this one ends, $20 top tier.

Finally a selection of modern fantasy/scifi works including The final Frontier collection (edited by Neil Clark); The Cloud Roads series by Martha Wells (3 books), Best sci fi of the year collection Volume 2 and others - top tier only $15

Is there a non e-book deals thread? I had a vague idea there was one, but can't recall if I dreamt it.

Anyway, Marc Morris' Castle book is £2 on Amazon right now.

For a change there's some well known authors popped up on Amazon UK 99p deals:

Last edited:
Less well known, but worth checking out for those into that sort of thing, is Lindsay Buroker's Emperor's Edge books 1 to 3 is currently free on Amazon (UK at least and I'd presume elsewhere). It's good fun popcorn fantasy and, well, free.

Thanks for posting these, especially the Emperor's Edge one. I liked the first book and had been thinking of getting more.

A couple of bundles:
Generic book bundle including some fantasy and sci fi from
Including complete series of The Age of Unreason (Greg Keyes); The Dragonback Series (Timothy Zahn); The Crimson Shadow (R.A. Salvadore); Songs of Earth and Power (Greg Bear) and many more!

Also a Classic Collection of RPG books
Goblins of Mount shadow, Crypt of the Science Wizard, Tome of Horrors, Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of hyperborea, Grimsgate and many many more!

Massive Dungeons and Dragons bundle book sale on Humble. For only £12 you can get over 20 books by authors such as R.A. Salvatore, Lisa Smedman, Richard Baker and others. Includes a huge chunk of the famous drow, Drizzt Do'Urden stories by RA Salvatore. Remember these are stories set within the DnD setting and world rather than rule or lore books used in the roleplaying game.

And if that isn't enough there's also a huge Black Library bundle of books - again well over 20 books for only £12 at the top level. This series focuses on the Warhammer 40K setting - a war torn dark future where a huge gothic empire of mankind stands as a bastion against the insanity of the universe around it. Many of these stories are the firs books tin some long running series including the much praised Gaunts Ghosts series by Dan Abnett

Also whilst its not books (and does have mention in the comics section here) I will also give one final plug for the last few days (before its gone) for the Jonathan Jickman collection. This is a massive collection of comics and features multiple complete series including the only very recently finished (prize winning and really great reading) East of West series.

That's 3 huge bundles of books and comics which should easily see most through a few more days/weeks of lockdown/work from home/escape from the terrors of commuting and work and suchlike.