Ebook Bundles and Deals

Humble Book Bundle: Stranger Creatures supporting the Jane Goodall Institute (pay what you want and help charity)

A bundle containing a mix of fantasy publications (with a focus on dragons it seems) along with a selection of other books including several by Jane Goodall. In addition the top item is sponsoring a chimp. The icongraphic further down when purchasing suggests that they might be adding more items to the upper level choices (Humble does this from time to time; normally in the last week or so of a bundle).

I've bought a handful on spec, and finished the first: Once a Hussar, which about a British artilleryman who barely survived the war in North Africa, and became a POW in Italy before escaping. It's one of the most detailed and intense WWII biographies I've read to date - so much so, that I've ordered the sequel about his post-war life in England to see what happened to him after. Unusually for me, I've bought it as a full-priced new paperback, to ensure either he or his estate gets a much deserved royalty. Once a Hussar can be found here, currently just for 99p:

Once a Hussar: A Memoir of Battle, Capture and Escape in the Second World War eBook: Ray Ellis: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

This is on offer at 99p again. Worth considering if you have any interest in WWII. A number of details from i will be finding their way into my Chronicles of Empire series. :)

Red Sister by Mark Lawrence is also 99p at the moment, if we have any fans here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MDNG9XC/?tag=brite-21

EDIT: Lol, Big Peat beat me to it. :)

This has to be a record; two potentially useful promo emails from Amazon in 2 days. (Yes I should have posted the Revenger one here, I know....)

Today's offer for those interested is The first in Jack Campbell's Genesis Fleet (early days of the Alliance prequel series) Vanguard on offer at £0.99 on Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071L34NLJ/?tag=brite-21 At that price I'm probably going to pick it up but I'm getting rather tired of his stuff at the moment and will put it by for a year or two I expect.

Also Neal Asher's Dark Intelligence (first book in his Transformation trilogy) for £1.19 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M43ZYN4/?tag=brite-21

Of note was copies of @Dennis E. Taylor's Bob 2 and 3 in the same promo email though they are at their normal (I presume) prices of £4.00 and £3.94.

Nice one @The Big Peat: I picked up four from that lot; a couple that have been on my wish list for a long time - Justina Robson's Glorious Angels and Pat Cadigan's Synners - and a couple that are completely new to me - Al Roberston's Crashing Heaven and Sam Peters' From Darkest Skies.

There are also some great books in there that I've already read: I am Legend, Forever War, Revelation Space, Altered Carbon, Retribution Falls, Flowers for Algernon.

For anyone who uses Audible, and is interested in this book, I was able today at Amazon US to buy Children of Time for 99 cents, and add the Audible version for only $3.99 extra (so, $4.98 in total, for the two). The book, through Audible alone, is not on sale currently, and goes for the member price of $17.16. So, this was quite a savings, thanks Vertigo, CC

ps - not sure if the same Amazon/Audible discount applies at Amazon UK.

For anyone who uses Audible, and is interested in this book, I was able today at Amazon US to buy Children of Time for 99 cents, and add the Audible version for only $3.99 extra (so, $4.98 in total, for the two). The book, through Audible alone, is not on sale currently, and goes for the member price of $17.16. So, this was quite a savings, thanks Vertigo, CC

ps - not sure if the same Amazon/Audible discount applies at Amazon UK.
I confess I didn't look as I had already picked it up in September (thankfully also on a 99p offer!). This is why I have so many unread books on my reader. Not complaining though. I try to automatically pick up anything on my wish list whenever it appears on offer. Rather frustrating that although I have bought Ninefox Gambit I've not yet read it and so didn't want to commit to @Paul_C's Raven Stratagem Amazon offer. Which is maybe silly since it's only 99p and everyone seems to love it...

Is that the book by the author Yoon Ha Lee? (That's the only Raven Strategem I see on Amazon US.) If so, there's another very nice savings available when linking the Amazon/Audible sale, through Amazon...about $14, if my math's right (as opposed to just buying the non-sale version of the book at Audible).
There aren't always these matching discounts available when Amazon puts a book on sale through Kindle, but I always check when I see a book I'm interested in for sale at Amazon; a person who uses Audible frequently can save some tidy sums by getting audio-books linked to Kindle sales.