• Published a book you want to tell us about? Uploaded a YouTube video you want to share?

Normally you'll need 100 posts to self-promote, but with an upgraded membership you can do so with your first post.

Find out more here: Become a Supporting Member

Ebook Bundles and Deals

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Do you guys notice these just in browsing or do you receive some sort of alerts/notifications from Amazon about sales? I ought to keep tab on these from the US side.
I'm signed up to an Amazon Kindle Daily Deals alert, so I always see the *main* promotions that come up.

However, I also have a Wishlist for any novels I might one day like to buy, and after checking the Daily Deals I then check this list - because often other books will go on sale without ever being notified as such. That how I picked up the Bernard Cornwall novels the other week - there was no notification, I just saw them reduced in my Wishlist.

It only takes a minute each day to run a check, but it's saved me a lot of money. And Kindle Daily Deal alerts have highlighted some books I found too tempting to resist at a steep discount. :)

soulsinging

the dude abides
I'm signed up to an Amazon Kindle Daily Deals alert, so I always see the *main* promotions that come up.

However, I also have a Wishlist for any novels I might one day like to buy, and after checking the Daily Deals I then check this list - because often other books will go on sale without ever being notified as such. That how I picked up the Bernard Cornwall novels the other week - there was no notification, I just saw them reduced in my Wishlist.

It only takes a minute each day to run a check, but it's saved me a lot of money. And Kindle Daily Deal alerts have highlighted some books I found too tempting to resist at a steep discount. :)
I fear what an Amazon wishlist will do to my wallet, but thanks for this!

dask

dark and stormy knight
This costs $10.94 at Amazon right now on kindle but one day it was on sale for $0.49 so I downloaded it.
The Complete Harvard Classics Collection (Golden Deer Classics) [51 Volumes + The Harvard Classic Shelf Of Fiction] by [Eliot, Charles W., Classics, Golden Deer, Milton, John, Plato, Franklin, Benjamin, Smith, Adam, Darwin, Charles, de Cervantes, Miguel, Virgil, Anonymous, Brothers, Grimm, Andersen, Hans Christian, Goldsmith, Oliver, Alighieri, Dante, Corneille, Pierre, Racine, Jean, Molière, de Montaigne, Michel, Voltaire, Machiavelli, Niccolò, Confucius, Shakespeare, William]

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I ain't no butter knife either.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Mad Mountain Man
Supporter
I fear what an Amazon wishlist will do to my wallet, but thanks for this!
You can sign up with Bookbub and there specify your favourite authors and your favourite genres and they will send you emails when they detect any offers matching your preferences. It's doesn't pick up on everything but it does pick up on more than I would notice on my own!

@Brian G Turner yes it's frustrating; I now have all except 9 and 11 and my next read will be book 8 so I may end up needing to pay full price for 9!

Vertigo

Mad Mountain Man
Supporter
This costs $10.94 at Amazon right now on kindle but one day it was on sale for $0.49 so I downloaded it.
The Complete Harvard Classics Collection (Golden Deer Classics) [51 Volumes + The Harvard Classic Shelf Of Fiction] by [Eliot, Charles W., Classics, Golden Deer, Milton, John, Plato, Franklin, Benjamin, Smith, Adam, Darwin, Charles, de Cervantes, Miguel, Virgil, Anonymous, Brothers, Grimm, Andersen, Hans Christian, Goldsmith, Oliver, Alighieri, Dante, Corneille, Pierre, Racine, Jean, Molière, de Montaigne, Michel, Voltaire, Machiavelli, Niccolò, Confucius, Shakespeare, William]

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I ain't no butter knife either.
Won't most/all of those be free Gutenberg anyway?

Overread

All Hail Skaven!
Won't most/all of those be free Gutenberg anyway?
Probably, but not all free books are formatted nor setup the same. Some sites list them very bare bones as text files, others have formatted them well for ebooks. For some books there's also likely variation depending on what edition they print, though that can be complicated to trace even for just print books let alone unmonitored ebooks.

Overread

All Hail Skaven!
A few deals, though two are comic based and one is almost up (sorry for the late notice)

All the IDW published comics for Godzilla - yep all their current works to date. Top tier is only $15, though this one is over in under a day so DO jump on now if you want it because it won't be around much longer

A selection of manga (Japanese comics) including some big names such as up to volume 20 of Attack on Titan, Blame and Aposimz as well as others. 12 days or so from this post till this one ends, $20 top tier.

Finally a selection of modern fantasy/scifi works including The final Frontier collection (edited by Neil Clark); The Cloud Roads series by Martha Wells (3 books), Best sci fi of the year collection Volume 2 and others - top tier only $15