Star Wars TV series coming?

Interesting. I still want the adult themed Star Wars TV series, though.

I'm not sure ABC is the best choice for producing live action show. Thing is, it's going to be either a huge hit or then it'll going to die after second season because ABC couldn't handle the product properly. But I believe it's pilot will receive numbers equivalent to The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones.

I think ABC is owned by Disney so it'll all remain in-house.

Reactions: ctg
Would love to see a Netflix-style Star Wars
Me too.
If handled correctly an anthology series could be fun to watch. Get some good writers and directors together. Like Culhwch said, you could scatter stories throughout the timeline, they wouldn't even have to be connected. Imagine directors like Nolan or Zemeckis coming in to do episodes written by people like Straczynski or Ronald D. Moore. It isn't like Disney couldn't pay them, they've got the money.

I'd like them to do something based on the adventures of the Qel Droma brothers, Nomi Sunrider and Exar Khun set 4000 years before the Battle of Yavin. That would be cool...

Yeah, Exar Kun would be interesting. Any of that ancient story line, seeing worlds like Korriban, would be worth it.

Wouldn't mind seeing Darth Bane come to life, even as a mini series. I thought the books were decent.

There has been talk about a lie action series for some years. Id like to see Disney and Lucas film give it a try. :)

Starwars should fit into a TV series REALLY well if its directed properly.

The biggest weakness they could fall for is going for the formula approach of repeat structure each week with some variation at the start and end of the season. Whilst that is doable it would be a lighter affair and wouldn't likely work as well as it does for something like Star Trek. Instead I'd rather see it Game of Thrones style - ergo tight storyline with each episode building into the next.

Starwars also has the major bonus that its got a huge amount of content for such a series; I think they'd likely keep it all within one time period and character group; but they could certainly use it to add flesh to the bones of the films and expand on background stories and elements. What time period they choose would be interesting; the most jarring would be to pick the 4 to 6 episode period as with the technology on show in 1,2,3 and 7 the middle three films kind of stand out as a sore thumb today. I could easily see them using it to bridge into the newer 7-8-9 block of films - heck maybe even try to give some depth to the convenience of the 7th film storyline

Starwars should fit into a TV series REALLY well if its directed properly.

The biggest weakness they could fall for is going for the formula approach of repeat structure each week with some variation at the start and end of the season. Whilst that is doable it would be a lighter affair and wouldn't likely work as well as it does for something like Star Trek. Instead I'd rather see it Game of Thrones style - ergo tight storyline with each episode building into the next.

Starwars also has the major bonus that its got a huge amount of content for such a series; I think they'd likely keep it all within one time period and character group; but they could certainly use it to add flesh to the bones of the films and expand on background stories and elements. What time period they choose would be interesting; the most jarring would be to pick the 4 to 6 episode period as with the technology on show in 1,2,3 and 7 the middle three films kind of stand out as a sore thumb today. I could easily see them using it to bridge into the newer 7-8-9 block of films - heck maybe even try to give some depth to the convenience of the 7th film storyline

They do it a bit like game of Thrones. :)

Back