Book reviewers and bloggers

Nick B

author Nick Bailey, formerly Quellist.
Hi everyone, as many will know, we (I co-write with another guy) are about to publish our first sci-fi novel. We are looking for anyone who would like to review or give a blog spot to it. It is in e-book format only to begin with, so I will mail .mobi files.

@Chris Guillory has kindly agreed to review it, along with another chap, and we are looking for anyone else who would like to do it. As we all know, promotion is key. I am happy to help back with anything I can do in return.
Post here, or pm me. We do need you to have an actual book review website or regular blog.

So far, it has had very good reception, including from our own @ratsy and others.

Thanks guys, the help and support I have received so far from sff chrons has been amazing. I can not thank you enough.

If you're willing to do an interview with it then I'd be willing to review it. I was thinking of starting a spotlighting other authors blog and I've got a couple of people lined up. It isn't going to be a sci-fi/fantasy blog and my blog traffic is an eclectic bunch. I'm hoping to get an exceptional poet to do a piece for me and a children's story which is humour/horror

You're welcome to a guest spot on my blog if you want - anyone is. Provided it's something writers would like to read (the partnership collaboration might be a good angle) I'll pop it up along with a link and picture. I don't, though, do any direct marketing on it (it's not the purpose of the blog, and would drive my readership away, I believe.)

some people worth giving a shout out to - @SilentRoamer does excellent reviews on his blog. Also, if you're on facebook and twitter, it's worth asking in any relevant groups you're in (and if you're not in facebook groups supporting your kind of book, you need to be - a lot of the fans hang out there.) Otherwise, it's cap in hand and pleading.

If you're willing to do an interview with it then I'd be willing to review it. I was thinking of starting a spotlighting other authors blog and I've got a couple of people lined up. It isn't going to be a sci-fi/fantasy blog and my blog traffic is an eclectic bunch. I'm hoping to get an exceptional poet to do a piece for me.

Fancy a spotlight with me around the time Abendau's Legacy comes out? I'm looking to get some promo in place (Oct) and will have done two conventions so should be nice and high-ish profile for you?

If you're willing to do an interview with it then I'd be willing to review it. I was thinking of starting a spotlighting other authors blog and I've got a couple of people lined up. It isn't going to be a sci-fi/fantasy blog and my blog traffic is an eclectic bunch. I'm hoping to get an exceptional poet to do a piece for me and a children's story which is humour/horror

Of course Anya, I'd do an interview for you, well, its a 'we would' but yes. Pm me with details or I can email you.

You're welcome to a guest spot on my blog if you want - anyone is. Provided it's something writers would like to read (the partnership collaboration might be a good angle) I'll pop it up along with a link and picture. I don't, though, do any direct marketing on it (it's not the purpose of the blog, and would drive my readership away, I believe.)

some people worth giving a shout out to - @SilentRoamer does excellent reviews on his blog. Also, if you're on facebook and twitter, it's worth asking in any relevant groups you're in (and if you're not in facebook groups supporting your kind of book, you need to be - a lot of the fans hang out there.) Otherwise, it's cap in hand and pleading.

Thanks Jo, that would be awesome. What do yot want me to do, write a piece and mail it to you?

Fancy a spotlight with me around the time Abendau's Legacy comes out? I'm looking to get some promo in place (Oct) and will have done two conventions so should be nice and high-ish profile for you?

I can offer a return although it's not as big a favour. My blog needs something on the occasional Tuesday. I am hoping to find out if I can get a fairly successful (other than yourself) Indie publisher that's been going for five years to kick it off. I'll know on the 11th.

I have sent you guys a .mobi file, the version that should be available on kindle within around 48 hours... I hope you enjoy it! And thanks again. Anya, send me the interview stuffs whenever you like, and Jo, let me know if you want the blogspot stuff done fast or don't mind. Its gonna be a hectic week I feel...

So, yeah, promotion is king right? I hope we havn't overdone it...
promobus1b_zpsfyyg9dfx.jpg

You guys are in for a treat. This book is a real adrenaline rush, and doesnt give up. I had a blast reading it. Finished this morning.

I wish you well deserved success!

Last edited:
Well, it's uploaded to kindle, the bookshelf doesn't have a cover on it, no idea why, is that normal while it is in review? Or have I done something terribad? Have to wait and see once it is uploaded in ~ up to 12 hours... So maybe adding the cover quickly once I spot it is up...

Well, it's uploaded to kindle, the bookshelf doesn't have a cover on it, no idea why, is that normal while it is in review? Or have I done something terribad? Have to wait and see once it is uploaded in ~ up to 12 hours... So maybe adding the cover quickly once I spot it is up...
I think the cover went up for me when loading but the sample pages took a day or two. But amazon usually does sort itself out.

We uploaded the .mobi as a whole thing, so didn't upload a seperate cover, was that right or should we have uploaded a seperate cover? It's easily sorted if we messed up, its just a pain with waiting till its up...

We uploaded the .mobi as a whole thing, so didn't upload a seperate cover, was that right or should we have uploaded a seperate cover? It's easily sorted if we messed up, its just a pain with waiting till its up...
I think you have to upload the cover separately. Iirc it's on the first page of edit your details.