Discussion thread -- August 2016 75-word Writing Challenge

Those missing (and expected) are:- Cat's Cradle, Cathbad, chrispenycate, HazelRah, Hopewrites, J5V, johnnyjet, Mad Alice, mosaix, Mr Orange, Old Man Steve2016, Parson, Phyrebrat, reiver33, The Judge and Ursa major. I think.

Think again, Chrispy. :) I got mine in. Post #13. (y)

Dulahan -- Sometimes a friend brings unexpected things.

AJB -- The edible man makes pals when he can.

Culhwch -- A charitable act is vital in fact.

Cascade -- A gruesome fate for a ruler great.

AstroZon -- From one with nine lives the rescue arrives.

mosaix -- Inside the skull life's never dull.

Bowler1 -- The beggar feels and also heals.

TheDustyZebra -- The storyteller gives us a tale that lives.

Robert Mackay -- Lack of pay leads to life gray.

Phyrebrat -- A farewell to arms is not without harms.

Moonbat -- Divine donation creates consternation.

Ohh...wow...
I wasn't going to enter...great genre/theme chrispy, but I just haven't been feeling inspired lately. But I had to help protect the magic number, and so...this. The magic number doesn't deserve this *sigh*.

Nice to see Robert back in a challenge, though! And looking forward, as always, to reading the entries, CC

Well, I'm in. This story took some doing, but I'm fairly happy with it. It looks like we might be struggling for the magic 42 this month.

@Victoria Silverwolf .... Wow! if there were any faster review it would FTL!! It made me smile. Thanks a lot.

I'm in, and a bit earlier than usual, so that brings us to 40 entries. Two more needed and still a few hours left.

I was stuck for a title this month, then I had a brainwave. Bonus points awarded to anyone who gets it without googling.

Phew, I'm in. Super close to missing this month, but managed to quickly scramble together something this evening that *I hope* resembles the theme and genre :cautious:

Could have used more polish, but we're out of time, and at least we've managed forty-two. Don't think I can face eating anything, perhaps a soup and bed - medium grade fever.

Thanks for the reviews Shyrka and Victoria.

I'll admit that when we got from Saturday to Tuesday with no posts in the discussion thread I was a bit worried that we had burned out our erstwhile reviewers mid challenge. Glad to see it was a false ala

So I saw we were two short. It's a first draft. It might be over 75 words. It didn't research the genre. I'm not sure it's benevolent, although it tried to be (who wants to be on my best mates list - I do at least try).

But, hey. At least I turned up. With 8 minutes to spare! :D

And now I see @chrispenycate last post and didn't need to disgrace myself. Harumph.

@Wruter Excellent story, dude. It was easy to see the picture you were painting and the story itself was weird as hell. Sorta reminded me the the interpretation of god in Jeffery Thomas' "Letters from Hades" I like it! (y)

@Coast Unfortunately we are only allowed one vote but I have to say I found your little story enjoyable also. It actually got a laugh out of me which rarely happens when I am reading something. I am still not 100 on what "New Fiction" is but I think you got it. Beneveloant .. not so much .. but a fun little write-up.

I just couldn't think of a good story. I actually tried two ideas, but couldn't make them work; so this is the first Challenge I've missed since I came here. :(

But I couldn't miss reading them and voting!

My Long List/*=Short List/Bold=Vote

Vaz
Luiglin
Shyrka
Wruter*
StilLearning
Glen
DG Jones
Dulahan*
AstroZon
Bowler1*
Cat’s Cradle*