Comic Con 2016 DC Trailers

Keldaris

Now that Comic Con has come to an end several of the Comic Con exclusive trailers have been posted online.

First up we have the Wonder Woman trailer:

Second we have Justice league:

And the final Suicide Squad Trailer:

Wonder Woman I'm not terribly sold on, but could be a pleasant surprise. Justice League I would have been more excited about before Batman v Superman, but I'm still interested in seeing how it comes out. Suicide Squad - I don't know, the more I see, the more worried I am this is going to be bad.

Wonder Woman I'm not terribly sold on, but could be a pleasant surprise. Justice League I would have been more excited about before Batman v Superman, but I'm still interested in seeing how it comes out. Suicide Squad - I don't know, the more I see, the more worried I am this is going to be bad.

I agree. Wonder Woman was the best trailer. A real origin story that seems to have been done well. Suicide Squad and Justice League both look atrocious.

Suicide Squad is about bad guys who don't know they are bad guys with none of the charisma that made Guardians of the Galaxy a blockbuster hit. Does Will Smith still have staying power? Do non super hero fans even know he's in this movie?? IDK how he helps it.

I must disagree with you on Justice League I'd prefer to see it after I know who all these guys are. It looks like a forgettable Avengers except this time the Avengers comes first before we know who half the people in it are! This was a problem I had with the new X-men Trilogy as well. I'd much prefer them to show off their acting chops individually and then introduce the new world. I also understand that Aquaman has gone back to square one which is really troubling. DC needs to get their act together.

So Bruce Wayne recruits Barry Allen? That's a total rip-off of Tony Stark recruiting Peter Parker.

Last edited:
I think the DC movies are always going to suffer from comparisons to Marvel, just because Marvel got in first. I think the WW trailer looked great, but the whole time I was thinking - 'Superhero fights Nazi's. Where have I seen this before?' I will say though, the fight scenes look amazing.

I've come to think that they've seen the money Marvel has made and are trying to get in on it too, but aren't looking hard enough at what makes those movies so successful. And it's not just DC, Fox is another good (bad) example. Studio execs getting too involved in the creative process? I don't know, but I'd really love to see these movies do justice to the source material.

I think the DC movies are always going to suffer from comparisons to Marvel, just because Marvel got in first. I think the WW trailer looked great, but the whole time I was thinking - 'Superhero fights Nazi's. Where have I seen this before?' I will say though, the fight scenes look amazing.

I've come to think that they've seen the money Marvel has made and are trying to get in on it too, but aren't looking hard enough at what makes those movies so successful. And it's not just DC, Fox is another good (bad) example. Studio execs getting too involved in the creative process? I don't know, but I'd really love to see these movies do justice to the source material.

Or just let the actors do their job. Honestly I think WW is great because she is really the first woman super hero to get her own movie. So they probably really wanted to get that right even if the story is a little unbelievable, but hey these are super hero movies we are talking about.

Marvel is sort of and has always been an old boys club Black Widow isn't even getting her own movie until at least 2019. Even Agent Carter reminded us about that every week. But I don't think DC will ever be able to copy what Marvel had going for it right at the beginning with Iron Man. It was the perfect movie for what was going on in the world at that time and they really humanized Iron Man plus it helps that Robert Downey Jr basically acts like Tony Stark in real life. He plays the role perfect to a T. I think in 2008 9/11 was still fresh in a lot of people's minds and the world was looking for a realistic super hero and marvel delivered that spot on! Iron Man to this day remains my favorite marvel/super hero movie just because of how well it worked and catered to world events. Other movies even marvel movies have tried that Captain America: The Winter Soldier being another stellar example, but none can and none will match Iron Man, in my mind.

It saddens me that the DCU doesn't even attempt this in their films. That's why they won't ever get out of this rut. They just aren't as relatable to the masses.

I don't think any actor could've covered for the writing in Batman v Superman, for example.

It saddens me that the DCU doesn't even attempt this in their films.
I think they had this, in the Nolan trilogy. But I just think they didn't have an overall plan for their universe. Their 3 most popular movies and not a single reference to another character or events for later down the track. They tried to cram them into BvS and made a mess of it, almost like they only realised last year that a connected, interacting roster of characters would be popular - which they've been doing for decades in comics, which makes it all the more perplexing.

But, I haven't seen the new movies yet, so I don't want to be down on them, I just hope.....

1. I don't think any actor could've covered for the writing in Batman v Superman, for example.

2. I think they had this, in the Nolan trilogy. But I just think they didn't have an overall plan for their universe. Their 3 most popular movies and not a single reference to another character or events for later down the track. They tried to cram them into BvS and made a mess of it, almost like they only realised last year that a connected, interacting roster of characters would be popular - which they've been doing for decades in comics, which makes it all the more perplexing.

But, I haven't seen the new movies yet, so I don't want to be down on them, I just hope.....

1. Jesse Eisenberg did alright as lex luthor. I was really impressed by his performance.

2. They had it somewhat but it was buried under layers and layers of classic batman mythology and Gotham darkness/corruptness almost to the point where it was a little over the top, "Gotham is so bad and so horrible..." was uttered countless times throughout the trilogy despite Batman's fruitless efforts to save the city from itself. When I point out the slightest political undertones in the Batman Trilogy fans get angry and tell me to leave the politics out of it. So IDK. I think Central City on the Flash does is a better realistic portrayal of a city, but then again DC shows are usually better than the movies (so I hear) It was hardly a realistic portrayal of a city like NYC but those movies were great regardless and I think Heath Ledger had a lot to do with that.

Jesse Eisenberg did alright as lex luthor. I was really impressed by his performance.
I agree, I think Affleck made a great Batman as well. I'm just saying that even with decent acting, no movie is going to get past bad writing. For example..
The idea that Batman considers Superman to be the most dangerous/evil thing on the planet, goes to extreme lengths to kill him, but changes his mind at the last moment because their mothers share the same name.

When I point out the slightest political undertones in the Batman Trilogy fans get angry and tell me to leave the politics out of it.
I find this interesting, political and societal themes are a huge part of comics.

Keldaris, There's one trailer you missed.. (y)

Back