Paramount Working on Star Trek 4

He says that every time and somehow they just keep getting worse.

Was hoping they'd give the reigns to someone else. You know, someone who doesn't hate the franchise?

I came to understand that neo-trek isn't really connected to the TV series at all, it's just a reflection of it. If you look at it that way then it's a guilty pleasure, the production quality was pretty good, it just completely lacked a plot. The second one had some improvements over the first, but in other areas it lost some ground. The last one though was just awful.
I was disappointed because Simon Pegg wrote it and said he was bringing it back to the spirit of Trek. Clearly the spirit he was talking about was filling up a sizeable glass and he'd had too many of them.

I enjoyed the first, the second I didn't care for all that much. I have heard decent things from friends of mine who have seen the newest. Over all, I am OK with the new Franchise .. I am not some Star Trek Purist who gets all twisted out of shape when something doesn't play out the way I did previously.

I came to understand that neo-trek isn't really connected to the TV series at all, it's just a reflection of it. If you look at it that way then it's a guilty pleasure, the production quality was pretty good, it just completely lacked a plot. The second one had some improvements over the first, but in other areas it lost some ground. The last one though was just awful.
I was disappointed because Simon Pegg wrote it and said he was bringing it back to the spirit of Trek. Clearly the spirit he was talking about was filling up a sizeable glass and he'd had too many of them.
Bear in mind that the studio execs changed Pegg's script because it was "Too Star Trek for a mainstream audience" so they brought in some other writers and butchered Pegg's original script.
Apart from all the stupid going on (beastie boys, kirk on a bike, spacestation with one fatal flaw, underdeveloped villain out for revenge etc.) I really loved the character interaction. And everyone contributing. Which was severely lacking in the previous effort.
And at least they didn't replay scenes from Wrath of Khan "with a twist" and expect us to do a standing ovation as to how clever we should think they were for doing it.

Personally I felt Edge of Darkness was better than Star Trek, the last one felt like an elongated episode rather than a film. But I did like the use of Sabotage and of course, as a massive Spaced fan “Skip to the end Scotty” made me laugh out loud

I liked the three of them, so this is good news for me. Maybe because I'm not a Star Trek purist either. You can say all what you want about the script. They made a good choice of actors and the interaction between them is amazing.

I'm really sorry about Anton. He was so young.

Here's hoping they don't use this film to do away with the Kelvin Timeline, I would ticked of of they did that.:mad: I Like the trek universe of the Kelvin timeline. :)

I liked the three of them, so this is good news for me. Maybe because I'm not a Star Trek purist either. You can say all what you want about the script. They made a good choice of actors and the interaction between them is amazing.

I'm really sorry about Anton. He was so young.

Since that are not recasting Chekov I wonder how they are going to explain his absence ?:unsure:

Here's hoping they don't use this film to do away with the Kelvin Timeline, I would ticked of of they did that.:mad: I Like the trek universe of the Kelvin timeline. :)

Ahhh... we can always trust on Baylor to offer a nasty review on Star Trek - even before we know what it's about!! :LOL:

Wow this thing is really moving now:

EXCLUSIVE: After Deadline this week revealed that Quentin Tarantino pitched a Star Trek film to JJ Abrams and Paramount, the whole thing is moving at warp speed. Tarantino met for hours in a writers room with Mark L. Smith, Lindsey Beer, and Drew Pearce. They kicked around ideas and one of them will get the job. I’m hearing the frontrunner is Smith, who wrote The Revenant.

Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Will Be R-Rated: ‘The Revenant’s Mark L. Smith Frontrunner Scribe

I wonder if this new dark direction is due to the success of Discovery?

No, I'm sure the R rating is because Tarantino wrote it.

;)

I'm talking about the tone Star Trek has taken in general. People like the new trek. People liked the new movies. I have been hearing good things about Into Darkness (most talked about ST film in my circles), even though it was my least favorite out of the three JJ films. Star Trek usually has a good dose of optimism, can there be any in a Tarantino film? I generally do not enjoy his movies because of their mindless killings.

But I imagine he has plans for an epic space battle the likes we've never seen before!!!!

Yes, I think it was about time for Star Trek to grow up.

Star Trek usually has a good dose of optimism, can there be any in a Tarantino film? I generally do not enjoy his movies because of their mindless killings.

I agree - I happen to like Tarantino's movies, but only when I'm in the mood for a blood-gore-titty movie. ;)

I think he is, at the least, a strange choice. Probably a bad one.

Yes, I think it was about time for Star Trek to grow up.

I agree - I happen to like Tarantino's movies, but only when I'm in the mood for a blood-gore-titty movie. ;)

I think he is, at the least, a strange choice. Probably a bad one.

Hey if there is dead Klingons and Orion Slave girls all over the place, and Chris Pine. I'm in!