Explorations: First Contact Submission Call (closed)

I thought planet's were disposable these days? Wreck one, move to another...it's all the rage....see The First Colony by Nathan Hystad

Just to let you guys know, I have sent an email to those of you who expressed interest here or in private to me

Thanks for the interest!

10 days left for those of you interested in submitting to the First Contact call! I have a few so far, and I think the bar has been set high :)

I have half a story written, and a lot of real-life commitments that are getting between me and that story, so I'll probably not make it in time for this one. :(
Sorry to hear this... fingers crossed that you're being pessimistic... you never know, some free time may unexpectedly appear.

Good luck to all who are putting something in First Contact - I hope it sells better than Through the Wormhole, which sold quite a few copies worldwide...

Ten days left? I thought deadline was 15th September??

So it seems...I'll extend it just in case there are any late bloomers. I had the end of the month in my personal calendar so there were some crossed wires.

And I rushed to meet the 15th deadline! I could have spelled things better and used less commas! Your poor eyes!

Quellist; fewer* commas.

Hush now. Fight against the demise of the semicolon. Do not go quietly into the night.

Hush now. Fight against the demise of the semicolon; do not go quietly into the night. ;)

I will be replying to submissions this week. The accepted story will hopefully be announced by the weekend.

Hello all. Well after careful consideration, the story I'll be including in First Contact is The Last Command by Nicholas Bailey (aka Quellist)

It's a really cool story, and I think the readers will really enjoy it! I did!

Thank you to everyone who spent the time submitting. I really appreciate it, and was again very impressed with the quality of work from this place.

(I did reply to everyone a couple days before posting here)

The stories are coming in now for this new Explorations book, and I can't wait for another book in the series!