Looking for advice from those that understand Twitter and Hastags

AnyaKimlin

Confuddled
I have read up online but it's often easier to get advice face to face.

Anya Kimlin (yes I do speak about her as a third person - she's always been a character I play rather than real) has an account but she's only ever used her account for accessing pitch things and her Blab account and other things before. However I've noticed that ‪#‎Mayhem‬ is being used in honour of the new PM ;) It's the name of the story I'm serialising on Wednesdays. Is there anyway to exploit it or shall I steer clear?

I've done some of my own research and I'm going to try it. I'm using this and I've made a social media postery thing for it ;) It's an escape to a world where Britain and her politics don't exist.

I'll read it thanks. I'm so new to this I don't know whether or not it's a good idea. Although the book has been called Mayhem for a very long time and it seems to be the problem is more for the business.

I have my doubts. Google 'hashtag hijacking' and you'll see lots about it. It runs the risk of annoying people who are following the hashtag for the original content.

If those people can't produce a negative effect on you then I suppose it could be done but I would personally avoid it.

Just annoying for you that they are using the name of your work for a hashtag. If you'd already been using it, you could argue that they're the ones hijacking your tag.

I have been marketing it just not with the hashtag and my twitter account is newly being used. I'll sit on it. Perhaps run it past someone more experienced. I know Patricia Van Aker did a talk about it and she uses the method. The fact is Black's Nest runs the risk of negative feedback so I'm sort of prepared for angry folk as it's in my interests for it to so in a way.

So far its been successful - i've got about 40 extra people to the website and nothing negative. Whether or not they come back is another matter ;)