Game of Thrones: 6.10 - Winds of Winter

With the cast now rapidly been culled it does at least allow the writers to focus more on the few that remain. With four or five main groups now that's a good 2 hours or so each over the next couple of seasons, presuming that Brianne is going to encounter the Botherhood at some stage.

only 15 episodes to go... basically cersei her downfall, the fall of the wall, some resolve with petyr (him possible dieing), battle against the ww

I'm presuming Sansa will off Littlefinger at one point, probably five seconds after beckoning him into her bedroom under a pretense of some 'happy fun time'.

I'm presuming Sansa will off Littlefinger at one point, probably five seconds after beckoning him into her bedroom under a pretense of some 'happy fun time'.
Presumably something with a "glory hole" on one end and Ghost on the other?

I am so sad to see Margaery die. I knew she was doomed at the beginning of the season, as soon as she feigned obedience to the High Sparrow. I was hoping for something different. Oh well.

The witch's prophecy has come true. At least the part about her children being dead before her.

Cersei has now officially become the mad queen. She has killed the faith militant. (Who only came to power because of her stupidity to begin with, so no, I don't feel sorry for her). The Tyrells, her uncle, most of her court and a large part of the city. Instead of comforting her son, she enacts her revenge on her jailor. Who is probably going to get raped over and over again by zombie ser Gregor. Sorry but again, I can't applaud Cersei's actions.

Pycelle being knifed by dozens of little birds by Qyburn is probably a reference to a scene in the book. Where Varys does the same, but there he does it to decrease the number of reliable advisers Cersei relies on to rule effectively. Ensuring her decisions become more erratic and reckless.

I assumed Sam's main goal is to find some other way to fight the Night King. A job he was sent to do not just by Jon but by Stannis as well. Hopefully he'll find a grand maester willing to listen.

Liked the confrontation between Melissandre and Davos. That was a long time coming. I find it telling that Mel is no longer sure of her own stories anymore.

It's clear to me that the series writers realize they are running out of time. Hence the use of stepping disks. Remember when it took a whole season to get from Kings Landing to the wall?

I shed a tear at the "hand of the Queen" scene.
As with the "King in the North" oaths.
I took Sansa's look not to mean jealousy of Jon, but concern for what Littlefinger might do next, now his plan for the Iron Throne seems thwarted.

Bring on season 7!

I've just started reading the books on iBooks on my iPhone6.

*Game of Phones*

I had the latest box set delivered by a small helicopter.

*Game of Drones*

The music in the Baby Jon/King Jon scene was bitter sweet, because the first time you heard it was in season one episode 2, when Jon says goodbye to a crippled Bran.

Lady Catelyn hissed at Jon to leave the room without knowing Ned was standing at the door. It must have been pure agony for Ned to keep that secret.

I expect that the last two characters left standing will be the Queen of Thorns and Melisandre...

...meaning that what we've actually been watching is A Game of Crones....
*I'll get my coat*
Don't let the Hodor hit you on the way out. :)

Reminds me...

What's the three-eyed Raven's favourite breakfast cereal?
All-Bran

Reactions: ctg

Attachments

• tumblr_o800q4Qhf01uxjvfco1_500.jpg
    tumblr_o800q4Qhf01uxjvfco1_500.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 223
Loved the build-up to the explosion - great stuff! Was surprised by Marg's death - and even more so by Tommen throwing himself out of the window. Cersei on the iron throne was a strong image, though.

Jon is confirmed in the north as the White Wolf - cool. And now Dany is *finally* invading (though how long she'll have to mess about at the Iron Islands first to get the rest of her boats...

One thing I didn't notice anyone comment on was Varys at Dorne. It's been discussed before as to where his lyalties really lie, and IMO the image of him with the Sand Snakes was effectively a declaration of hat - Varys stands for the vengeance of Dorne, who of course are likely to join Dany against the Lannisters...

@brian, in that clip, when they switch to an overhead view you can already see one of dany's ships has the Martell suns and spear on it's main mast. They show the same ship with the Martell sigil on when Drogon flies between the ships. Then there is Varys standing alongside dany on what is probably the flagship. I'm guessing Dany has all the ships she needs and will start her conquest first.

I'm leaning towards those who feel Euron will make an alliance with Cersei. How else is he going to fit in the plot. All he's left to do is die imo, he already served his purpose in the plot by having Theon and Asha(Yara) flee the iron islands and join up with Dany to get dany her ships.

@brian, in that clip, when they switch to an overhead view you can already see one of dany's ships has the Martell suns and spear on it's main mast. They show the same ship with the Martell sigil on when Drogon flies between the ships. Then there is Varys standing alongside dany on what is probably the flagship. I'm guessing Dany has all the ships she needs and will start her conquest first.

I'm leaning towards those who feel Euron will make an alliance with Cersei. How else is he going to fit in the plot. All he's left to do is die imo, he already served his purpose in the plot by having Theon and Asha(Yara) flee the iron islands and join up with Dany to get dany her ships.
The Tyrell sigil has been changed back from the muted colours we've seen them wear until now to the more aggressive yellow and green. Which is a nice touch.

Euron might still pose a threat. As in the books he posesses a magic horn that can control dragons.

One thing I didn't notice anyone comment on was Varys at Dorne. It's been discussed before as to where his lyalties really lie, and IMO the image of him with the Sand Snakes was effectively a declaration of hat - Varys stands for the vengeance of Dorne, who of course are likely to join Dany against the Lannisters...

I didn't take it that he is on the side of Dorne. For a long time now I've assumed he is for the Targaryens, and is simply using Dorne to further that agenda. Helpfully Dorne is as aggrieved with the Lannisters as the Targaryens are.

Something I presume the books will go into more is the acceptance of the North to get behind Jon.

Firstly, he's a *******. Secondly, he's dedicated his life to the Night's Watch. Thirdly...coming back from the dead might make him seem more like a god than simply the heir to Winterfell!

Was really surprised at how easily he usurped Sansa's position as heir of the north, without even trying. Apparently, that's what men do anyway. :D