Game of Thrones: 6.09 - Battle of the Bastards

Koopa

Old KiwiBird
Epic episode, only thing I dislike is how jon became a complete inept commander, his fighting skills are there, but his mind wasn't. Bolton's victory on that part, if not for Sansa and the Vale coming to the rescue. Obviously there were some discrepancies like WunWun, Tormund and Job pursuing Ramsay with 3 people and them having a small mob by the time they arrive at winterfell, or Ramsay killing WunWun with that first arrow instead of Jon who's dazedly watching WunWun, or the sheer accuracy of Ramsay final arrow over such a distance or in meereen how the harpy are fighting during talks.... I'll forgive them though for the sheer epicness of it all.

@ Danaerys, the writers said it best, her army is just crazy big and fearsome, if you look at westeros, no one can stop her right now. Which is probably a good thing cause we'll need her army against the others, but whne it comes to the Iron Throne no one can really stop her as things stand.

There's a starting tension between Jon and Sansa. Let's hope they don't start fighting each other for the north in the future. And please Sansa, don't give in to littlefinger, the north will be ruined then.

Last edited:
An epic episode. The battle was spectacular even if Jon's tactics were highly suspect. Why didnt Sansa tell Jon about Littlefinger and the Vale army? It could have saved thousands of lives. They might possess Winterfell now but Littlefinger has the army. The true instigator of all that has befallen Westeros. Remember it was he who killed Jon Arryn.

The action scenes were brilliant, especially the long sequence with Jon fighting through the Bolton men.

Ramsay got his just desserts and I fear for Sansa and what she may become.

Happy that Thormund survived, I really hoped the Umbers would turn on Ramsay(The Greatjon would be spinning in his grave), expected Rickon to die and poor Wun-Wun.

Next week my predictions(reliable as they are) are for Littlefinger to propose marriage, Davos to confront Mel, Jaime to do something rash, wild guess would be to kill Walder Frey...and it to snow in KingsLanding.

20160602-ep609-publicity-still-04500146865-1--186135.jpg

No Synopsis

If there is anything I have learned from this episode, it is:

1) Do not f*ck with a flying flame-thrower. It'll hurt.
2) Do not underestimate your opponent. No matter how little. How small in numbers. It'll hurt.
3) Wun Wun is awesome.

Why? Well, karma is a b1tch.

Last edited:
Spectacular!

HBO pulled out all the stops for this battle. The best part was that the right ******* died.

Ramsay came to a perfect end as a meal for the dogs he starved. The hounds probably regarded Ramsay as no more their master than Sansa did during her abusive captivity. Once they realized he was helpless, they wasted no time converting him into fresh Kibbles 'N Bits.

Sansa showed no emotion as she witnessed Ramsay's demise. I see that a measure of her character's hardening through her experience with the Bolton *******.

Hmm, 2 threads for the price of 1... . I'll add that i liked the part about the North apparantly talking about Jon's swordmanshipskills. Though how they know anyhting of that i got me no idea. And if so, why didn't more northerns join Jon....

Poor Wun Wun...
Sorry to see poor Wun Wun killed. Without him, Winterfell would not have been breached. I had hoped that he would survive his multiple wounds until Ramsay put that arrow through his eye. The *******!
Do not f*ck with a flying flame-thrower. It'll hurt.
All of dragons deployed in the field of battle! Three flame throwers are better than one!
Adding Dothraki ground troops to the mix, Dany has made up for her absence from Meereen. With the new Ironborn alliance and the contribution from slavers, she has also gained all or most of the ships she will need to carry the war to King's Landing.
Next week my predictions(reliable as they are) are for Littlefinger to propose marriage, Davos to confront Mel, Jaime to do something rash, wild guess would be to kill Walder Frey...and it to snow in KingsLanding.
Davos now knows (or strongly suspects) the role Melisandre played in the death of Shireen. It will be interesting to see how he deals with Mel.

Last edited:
Just watched it - what an episode! :eek::eek::eek:

Ramsey = dogmeat! YAY!

I think I need another watch before commenting further!

but... DRAGONS!!!!! (y)

Oooooh yeeeaaaaahh!!

Like mister oy, I will need to watch that episode again to say anything else

Rickon had no chance of running away from the arrows of the whole army, so why didn't he just attack Ramsey, one to one. Snatch the sword he had at his side. He had a chance to outrun the single arrows, but he should have changed direction or ran behind the fires. Then that final arrow hitting him straight through the chest. Sorry, but I was still thinking about how wrong that all was, so it rather spoilt the whole epic-ness of the rest.

Davos now knows (or strongly suspects) the role Melisandre played in the death of Shireen. It will be interesting to see how he deals with Mel.
If she is correct that she has no power herself then that should be easy. I think she is lying though. She is clearly much older than she looks, and not only can I see the Lord of Light keeping Jon alive only to kill him again, but I can't why the Lord of Light needs to keep her looking young either. Her power must come from some kind of black magic that is going to be exposed. Being a wicked witch of the East, he'll throw water on her and she'll melt.

@Davos and Mel, does no one here watch the trailers for the next epsiode?

I must admit that I thought that WunWun was a spectacularly slow runner...

great episode though (y)

so, watched it again, and a great episode. awesome action the battle was epic, even if jon did try to ruin it for himself by taking on the entire bolton army on his own. i don't think he is such a great commander... the rickon death was a bit melodramatic, but then i guess it's another book thread that the show had to tie up (i wonder how GRRM will deal with rickon?). and go sansa. her final scene with ramsay was great and a fitting end for him. although i was convinced he would get flayed.

the mereen scenes were a bit jammed in; "oh look, dany and her dragons... masters taken care of... oh look, the iron islanders are there... pact between asha and dany... done"

a few things:

sansa never actually heard ramsay say his dogs hadn't fed for seven days...
she really should have mentioned little finger's army to jon...
i hope now dany, well, does something...
how on earth did jon manage to avoid getting an arrow in the face at some point in that battle? i know kit harrington is tiny, but come on...

and poor wun wun.

sansa never actually heard ramsay say his dogs hadn't fed for seven days...
she really should have mentioned little finger's army to jon...
i hope now dany, well, does something...
how on earth did jon manage to avoid getting an arrow in the face at some point in that battle? i know kit harrington is tiny, but come on...

and poor wun wun.

I thought she was there in the treat when Ramsay said that?

Also, if she'd told Jon about Littlefinger's cavalry they'd have been with the main force and slaughtered when the two mounted battalions fought.
Keeping them out was doing the unexpected thing that had to be done to beat Ramsay. It only worked because they were able to flank the pikemen.
She is badass this season.

In fact this whole season has been kickass feminist. From Brienne to Yara to Sansa to little Lady Mormont. Love it.

I thought she was there in the treat when Ramsay said that?

Also, if she'd told Jon about Littlefinger's cavalry they'd have been with the main force and slaughtered when the two mounted battalions fought.
Keeping them out was doing the unexpected thing that had to be done to beat Ramsay. It only worked because they were able to flank the pikemen.
She is badass this season.

In fact this whole season has been kickass feminist. From Brienne to Yara to Sansa to little Lady Mormont. Love it.

Sansa had galloped off before Ramsay said it.

And if she did keep Littlefinger a secret purposefully because she knew it was the way to win then she is awesome and a better commander than Jon.

Also,where was Karstark in the battle? He was on his horse next to Ramsay in the lines bit then we don't see any more of him.