Question on Kingdoms, war, revolution.

anthorn

I've been searching all over, but I cannot find any information related to my question. Perhaps I am not writing it in a concise manner.

So could I kindly receive help on two points.

1) Has there ever been a conflict between two kingdoms where one is already a parliamentary government with a King for a figure head, and the other is still ruled by the King. Said conflict results in a revolution within one, resulting in both Kingdoms becoming parliamentary government ruled eventually?

2) Same question but for the King of a country, or government of a country, trying to take over a separate military unit in ways that don't involve bloodshed?

Links please. Google is not my friend today :)

1) Almost the War of Independence USA & UK, because the Americans had no vote and no seats in Parliament. UK had a Parliament. The King was a bit mad which didn't help, hence the Regency eventually. A while later the Regent became King. However I may have got mixed up as there were three King Georges before Queen Victoria, one of them "lost" the colonies.
BTW I read just this week that the US President's desk was a present from Queen Victoria.
Certainly if you are writing SF or any kind of Fiction plenty of real things between UK and USA are mad. When did the UK burn down Washington /White house after eating the dinner left on table?
When did USA try and invade Canada? Was it just after they conquered Florida or some place there that have kicked out French or Spanish, became independent and was going to join the States anyway?

Or what about the time Portugal was ruled or Royal Family was in Exile in Brazil? I forget which.
Bizarre Spanish / Mexican / USA wars?

2) Separate Military? You mean an army of some other country? I don't understand the question.

1) Almost the War of Independence USA & UK, because the Americans had no vote and no seats in Parliament. UK had a Parliament. The King was a bit mad which didn't help, hence the Regency eventually. A while later the Regent became King. However I may have got mixed up as there were three King Georges before Queen Victoria, one of them "lost" the colonies.
BTW I read just this week that the US President's desk was a present from Queen Victoria.
Certainly if you are writing SF or any kind of Fiction plenty of real things between UK and USA are mad. When did the UK burn down Washington /White house after eating the dinner left on table?
When did USA try and invade Canada? Was it just after they conquered Florida or some place there that have kicked out French or Spanish, became independent and was going to join the States anyway?

Or what about the time Portugal was ruled or Royal Family was in Exile in Brazil? I forget which.
Bizarre Spanish / Mexican / USA wars?

2) Separate Military? You mean an army of some other country? I don't understand the question.

Yeah, like the Police or something. A group which are a military might in their own right, but stand apart from politics, Kings, and Governments.

I'm thinking Knights Templar. They stood apart from all Government, but didn't the Gov try and bring them into their control and when they couldn't do that destroyed them?

I've been searching all over, but I cannot find any information related to my question. Perhaps I am not writing it in a concise manner.

So could I kindly receive help on two points.

1) Has there ever been a conflict between two kingdoms where one is already a parliamentary government with a King for a figure head, and the other is still ruled by the King. Said conflict results in a revolution within one, resulting in both Kingdoms becoming parliamentary government ruled eventually?

I'm not sure if it's what you mean, but sounds like the 18th Century wars between Britain and France.