5.12 - .exe

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Reese and Shaw rush to catch up with Finch after he infiltrates a maximum security government facility in a bold and dangerous attempt to destroy Samaritan

I don't know if I want to watch the final episode. The tension has been ramped up and the destruction is underway to kill "a god" we know as Samaritian. Machine's main purpose will prevent it from making a suicide, hence she needed to guide Harold down a singular road. But, yet, I believe her higher calling: "to serve and protect mankind," has given her ability to survive.

It is her need, so a slate wiped clean is a foolish thing. I believe Samaritian fooled himself if he didn't made a contingency plan, and that's what The Machine has done from the very beginning of this series. It created the alias, and made manual backups. It also activated and coordinated other groups, like we saw in previous episode.

Samaritan, in the other hand, seemingly believed in his superiority. After all, it believed to be a god, even though force majure isn't in his hands. Only the choices it made in regards of the numbers. Greer was the same. He believed to be superior in all terms, even though events in the recent past should have pointed him that he was going down a wrong path.

But that is what we humans do. Yet, we learn from our mistakes, even if we sometime repeat them. We learn to forgive and take down those lessons, while we choose with own free will of how things go down at the end. Same way Reese and Shaw chose to go down with Finch, even though he gave an explicit order to go.

What do you think, should we watch the final one, or leave it at this point, where our memories are still golden? Or should we watch it and know that was it?

I don't know if I want to watch the final episode. The tension has been ramped up and the destruction is underway to kill "a god" we know as Samaritian. Machine's main purpose will prevent it from making a suicide, hence she needed to guide Harold down a singular road. But, yet, I believe her higher calling: "to serve and protect mankind," has given her ability to survive.

It is her need, so a slate wiped clean is a foolish thing. I believe Samaritian fooled himself if he didn't made a contingency plan, and that's what The Machine has done from the very beginning of this series. It created the alias, and made manual backups. It also activated and coordinated other groups, like we saw in previous episode.

Samaritan, in the other hand, seemingly believed in his superiority. After all, it believed to be a god, even though force majure isn't in his hands. Only the choices it made in regards of the numbers. Greer was the same. He believed to be superior in all terms, even though events in the recent past should have pointed him that he was going down a wrong path.

But that is what we humans do. Yet, we learn from our mistakes, even if we sometime repeat them. We learn to forgive and take down those lessons, while we choose with own free will of how things go down at the end. Same way Reese and Shaw chose to go down with Finch, even though he gave an explicit order to go.

What do you think, should we watch the final one, or leave it at this point, where our memories are still golden? Or should we watch it and know that was it?
I don't know about "we" but "I" am going to be glued to my screen for this series finale. Dashwood and balderdash, I say! :D

I thought this was the final episode and as the time ran out I expected both Samaritan and the Machine to die, but I think you are correct when you say:
The Machine has ...created the alias, and made manual backups... Samaritan, in the other hand, seemingly believed in his superiority.
So, there is hope for the Machine to survive, but can we really have a tame ASI? Before Greer died he said "the cat is out of the bag." The world has changed. I want to see the new world in the next episode, but I doubt there will be any happy ending.

And we didn't find out what Fusco did. I like the alternative realities where the Machine was not created. Not all of those were "better."

So, there is hope for the Machine to survive, but can we really have a tame ASI? Before Greer died he said "the cat is out of the bag." The world has changed. I want to see the new world in the next episode, but I doubt there will be any happy ending.

I feel same way. It's going to be horrible ending if this season opening scene is anywhere near to correctly to hint what's going to happen in the subway station. And that also suggest that The Machine survives the virus, or otherwise they would have just left everything in place at their hideout.

Also, what else does the virus wipe out? The machine's core 'brain' is largely contained within the subway, but is Harold going to have to take down all of the Internet (or as he said, his target is "bigger") in order to take down Samaritan?

I thought the scene where the Samaritan baddy sacrificed himself to try and kill Harold was just...dumb. I mean, sure, it demonstrated that character's total blind faith in Samaritan's logic, even if it meant his own death. But ...also, I mean, if Harold was able to escape before blacking out and dying, then what assurance does Harold have that Samaritan baddy is actually dead?

I'm annoyed that this show is about to be over. It has consumed much of my TV life over the past few months. It's like when I binge watched 6 Feet Under. "What? That's it? But..."

Reactions: ctg
Back