What classic fantasy place would you not want to go to? And why?

Oh, also would hate to go to the Warhammer world. I don't want to get caught up in Games Workshop rewrites.

(here endeth the fanboy hurt over one of my first fantasy worlds. Not literary and incredibly unoriginal, but it was the first place I discovered a lot of those tropes.)

Oh, also would hate to go to the Warhammer world. I don't want to get caught up in Games Workshop rewrites.

(here endeth the fanboy hurt over one of my first fantasy worlds. Not literary and incredibly unoriginal, but it was the first place I discovered a lot of those tropes.)

The Eye of Terror comes to mind.

OK, here's another ghastly one from SF. From the Orion's Arm shared universe - the world presided over by the Queen of Pain. Of course, she usually reserves her worst for those who are truly evil - but she is also rather mad, and derived from a predator in the first place, and being subjected to the whims of an insane godling is not something I would like much!

The plateau of Leng. Besides the cold, there's the possibility of encountering a Great Old One. And the lesser old ones don't seem much hospitable, either.

And Arkham. Also, Innsmouth. Dunwich is out, too. On the whole, ruling out the whole New England area. Including Boston with those fierce and eldritch Red Sox fans. Brrrrr ...

Randy M.

Back