If they Did a TV Series Set In The LoveCraft Universe ?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
What would you like it to be about? what time frame would you want it set in? Colonial times, the 19th century the 1920 or 30s' or the present day ?

Thoughts? :)

Last edited:
I have always wanted a mini-series (10 episodes for whole series or 10 ep per season) based on Lovecraft's work. Each story should be it's own tale, characters can appear in other episodes but one need not watch every episode to know what the series is about. I wouldn't mind if they did original stories as well, for some stories time periods can differ. Perhaps they can do it on season basis, season 1 starts off in earliest time period with each episode showing transition of time, later seasons transitioning the stories to more modern times. It'd be neat way to tackle Lovecraft. Something like Masters of Horror (they did one episode on Lovecraft though) but solely focused on Lovecraft's works.

Night Gallery did a Lovecraftian episode, as did (ugh! name?) "that series about the reporter who was always finding the supernatural".

I think an episodic series like Night Gallery would be a great venue! A continuing time frame wouldn't be necessary, though I'd prefer the1920s.

Night Gallery did PIckman's Model . It wasn't bad and it wasn't great.

Night Gallery did PIckman's Model . It wasn't bad and it wasn't great.

I suppose that was the name. I recall a professor reading a forbidden text to his class, speaking the forbidden name of Has- um, that god who should0n't be named!

I suppose that was the name. I recall a professor reading a forbidden text to his class, speaking the forbidden name of Has- um, that god who should0n't be named!

The episode segment was called Professor Peabody's Last Lecture . I don't know if that baed off of any of Lovecrafts stories.

They did do an adaptation Lovecraft's story Cool Air which was quite good.:)

LOL no, I missed that!

There were other wider that students , Im not sure though its been a while since I've seen that one . I think the professor was played by Carl Reiner?

Can't recall. I only remember not knowing who he was at the time.

"that series about the reporter who was always finding the supernatural".

Do you recall the name of this series? It wasn't particularly good, but had some good episodes.

Can't recall. I only remember not knowing who he was at the time.

Do you recall the name of this series? It wasn't particularly good, but had some good episodes.

Kolchak The Night Stalker . Produced by Dan Curtis who did Dark Shadows . Staring Darren Mcgavin It started out as two television films both got good ratings and it ran as series in the mid 1970' lasted not quite a season. I have it on DVD. I'ts pretty good. Dan Curtis also did The Norlis Tapes film which was never piked up as a series. It was along similar lines to Kolchak.

Last edited:
Night Gallery's "Professor Peabody's Last Lecture" was meant to be funny, btw.

The Old Ones took offense at the prof's attitude and showed him what they thought of him by transforming him: