If they Did a TV Series Set In The LoveCraft Universe ?

What about CAST A DEADLY SPELL?
It's funny that his name was so odd it does sound like it could have been the name of a 1940s private detective.

I would set it in the 1940`s / 1950`s and base it on a author trying to investigate the life of HP and the rest of the pack (Clark Ashton Smith etc) and the more he investigates more it becomes obvious that they are writing the truth. The more he uncovers the less sane and reliable he becomes yet the truth is uncovered to all the watchers. In the end it would turn out he is writing all this down furiously while in an asylum many years later.

As for a name, Mythos?

In 2014, I wrote the first season of a web series I'm not permitted to promote here as a new member. Anyway, I chose to give it an entirely modern setting, albeit based around the familiar Miskatonic University, which is planning its long-awaited return to Antarctica after 85 years. The story follows two professors who are forced to action when a copy of the Necronomicon is stolen from the British Museum by an eco-terrorist group calling themselves The Deep Ones. And it turns out a descendent of Randolph Carter is at the center of the conflict. One or two of the episodes are arguably stand-alones, but in general, it all leads up to the threat of what would happen when the Necronomicon falls into the wrong hands. We were commissioned to produce a pilot, which recently went live, but I've got about 98 more posts to go before I can share the link with you, per forum rules.
Has it been published or accessable?

I would set it in the 1940`s / 1950`s and base it on a author trying to investigate the life of HP and the rest of the pack (Clark Ashton Smith etc) and the more he investigates more it becomes obvious that they are writing the truth. The more he uncovers the less sane and reliable he becomes yet the truth is uncovered to all the watchers. In the end it would turn out he is writing all this down furiously while in an asylum many years later.

As for a name, Mythos?

That sounds a lot like John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness except that was set in the 1980s, I believe.

Cast a Deadly Spell is fun and has a good cast including Fred Ward and Julianne Moore.

Randy M.

That sounds a lot like John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness except that was set in the 1980s, I believe.

Cast a Deadly Spell is fun and has a good cast including Fred Ward and Julianne Moore.

Randy M.
No idea, never heard of in the mouth of madness, I find the usual attempts to bring HP`s work to the screen is usually awful so I have always avoided them. The new one Lovecraft Country I have not so much avoided but ran from very fast.

Carpenter's movie isn't exactly Lovecraft, but is obviously influenced by HPL. We may have to agree to disagree about Lovecraft Country, which I'm enjoying.

Randy M.

Carpenter's movie isn't exactly Lovecraft, but is obviously influenced by HPL. We may have to agree to disagree about Lovecraft Country, which I'm enjoying.

Randy M.
I havent watched it, so cant really comment but the story so far keep suggesting all that is the interest is the racism more than the stories, so havent bothered with it. Was really disappointed this was the best they could manage to find and put together around his work, not a great legacy really.

Miskatonic University related characters have every opportunity to interact. Plus, Randolph Carter interacts with many. Maybe a sealed box with the label "Papers of the Late Francis Wayland Thurston, of Boston" finds its way into the library archives and is unboxed by Dr Armitage.
Sounds like a Youtube video with promise

I havent watched it, so cant really comment but the story so far keep suggesting all that is the interest is the racism more than the stories, so havent bothered with it. Was really disappointed this was the best they could manage to find and put together around his work, not a great legacy really.

It's a main focus, but there's plenty of HPL underneath and around it. It's not name-only. The acting is also good and the production values are much better than most HPL inspired movies/tv I've seen.

Randy M.

Well, you mentioned bikers in Lovecraftland, this is an ex-army guy out of Korea, his uncle who publishes a guide to help Blacks in the 1950s avoid areas dangerous to them, and a young woman who when to school with the army guy, back in town and looking for work. In short, not really antiquarians who flinch at the anything distasteful but people pretty well schooled in the distasteful of Jim Crow.

They used to describe Neuromancer as a what-if about tech trickling down to the streets; this is what-if HPL trickled down to the poor side of town. (Other than that, no resemblance.)

Randy M.

Well, you mentioned bikers in Lovecraftland, this is an ex-army guy out of Korea, his uncle who publishes a guide to help Blacks in the 1950s avoid areas dangerous to them, and a young woman who when to school with the army guy, back in town and looking for work. In short, not really antiquarians who flinch at the anything distasteful but people pretty well schooled in the distasteful of Jim Crow.

They used to describe Neuromancer as a what-if about tech trickling down to the streets; this is what-if HPL trickled down to the poor side of town. (Other than that, no resemblance.)

Randy M.
I have been writing a series of stories about Stagger Lee a member of an Outlaw MC, he is a Swampie / Barkskin, which was my attempt to put him in a victim group. But have barely touched on the racism / his targeting in the book as I always feel that in modern times even the dumbest people have difficulty taking colours and creeds overly seriously.
It is more just a tool to allow some easy hatred to flow.
Certainly in comparison to the past where it was almost expected without thought.
I do need to watch it yes, I have always deep down realised that just didnt want to watch something that would annoy me was all.