June 2016 100 Word Anonymous Challenge - Discussion Thread

Shortlist

Dead or alive
New World Order
A Text Message from the Future
It Was a Long Way

Winner: Stranded

Guesses? Yours is as good as mine.

So many good stories! Well done, all! And wonderful hosting, Wruter.

I voted for A Text Message From The Future. It's such a moving story, and I really hope the message made a difference.

And my one guess will be that Starbeast wrote the glorious The Fantastic Four: The Child of Doom. :)

Great stories, again, and best of luck in the voting, CC

ps - wonderful reviews too, Victoria and Wruter!

Cathbad, you have two correct.

Confucius say: Man who sneezes without tissue takes matters in own hand.

PS - I don't know whether to be flattered or dumbfounded that you think I wrote such a masterpiece.

Cat's Cradle, your guess is correct.

Confucius say: Man who cut self while shaving, lose face.

Woot! A vote. I mean I voted.
Yessss.
Nice sampling this go! Lots of different voices.
Serious voices, silly voices, lots of nostalgic voices. I wonder what it says about those of us who went for nostalgia, and maturities perspective of youth, v those of us who went for youths voice with a maturing perspective.
The one with the empty food truck almost had my vote, as did Mr. Pan, for taking youths perspective. In the end the poignancy of Text from the Future, the clear voice, the hope covered nostalgia, the sense of an act destined more for self-forgiveness than changing the past/future for the texter/recipient just spoke to me of the circles of wonder and abandoned regret that is youth. I loved that it was a text rather than a letter. When I was young everyone wrote letters to their younger selves. Lost in the mail trope, found it in the attic... But nowadays few people write letters (ok I still do. But mostly to my future self. Or at Christmas.) and nobody has an attic their kids can play in (unless it's a finished attic done up as a play room and that doesn't count!!) But we all send/receive texts... Maybe someday sms will go the way of snail mail... But I like to think... Well. Let's be honest, I could end that sentence there couldn't I. 'I like to think.' And don't we all.
And since I'm just babbling on, perhaps it's best I do.

(Carrier probably drops the text anyway.)

Every one was top notch! Tough to narrow this down. However, finally...

Short List:
Birthday
Stranded
Tea
A Text Message from the Future

Favorite: A Text Message from the Future

Guesses? Still working on them...

My guesses:

My Fairy Carers - Ashleyne B. Watts
Dead or Alive - Wruter
New Skin for Old - Cathbad
Trust Me, I'm a Doctor - Cat's Cradle
Birthday - Victoria Silverwolf
The Thief of Time - Droflet
Childhood - Shyrka
Stranded - reiver33
The Siren Call of Time - Vaz
Tea - hopewrites
New World Order - Coast
Nation of Youth - mosaix
Duty - Cory Swanson
The Fantastic Four: The Child of Doom - Starbeast
A Text Message from the Future - StilLearning
It Was a Long Way - ratsy

@johnnyjet - you have four correct guesses. Well done! One is the same as one of those which Cathbad got correct.

Confucius say: Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.

@Starbeast - I'm glad you asked, O Great One! I'll close the poll and announce the winner on Sunday, so we only have a couple of days to go.

I seem to have failed to produce anything this time, with absolutely no excuse - I started four or five, but seem to have forgotten what youth tastes like. Still, I read and reread the submissions, and will vote, and here's the basis to my chart for attempting to guess who might have written what (as if I ever got any worked out)…

Attachments

• Anonyjune16.pdf
    63.3 KB · Views: 163
@chrispenycate - well, you have one worked out anyway. Looks like you need more data. The stories which so far have at least one correct guess are My Fairy Carers, Birthday, New World Order, Duty and The Fantastic Four: The Child of Doom.

Confucius say: Man who jump off cliff, jump to conclusion.

I do believe only one person has been guessed as the writer of My Fairy Carers. I wonder who it could possibly be

Ashleyne B. Watts My Fairy Carers
Cathbad Nation of Youth
Vaz Birthday
Starbeast Stranded
Droflet New Skin For Old
StilLearning New World Order
Wruter Tea
hopewrites The Siren Call of Time
ratsy Duty
reiver33 A Text Message From The Future
Shyrka Childhood
Victoria Silverwolf The Thief of Time