Potential Trial by Combat Champion for the Faith

The Imp

Pure speculation

If I was The High Sparrow i would pick Tommen as the champion of The Faith. It would put Cersei in a complete lose/lose situation. There is no way she allows Gregor to Kill Tommen, but if he throws the fight Cersei is a goner. Of course, Tommen could be accidentally killed by Gregor, which would fulfill another part of the Maggy the Frog prophecy, and probably drive Cersei crazy and do something which triggers the last (Valonqar) part.
Not predicting this, but it sure would be sweet if it were to happen.

I was thinking about this and thought the sneaky high sparrow might throw in one champion for each of the seven. Just members of the faith militant that clegane could massacre

Even Tommen wouldn't agree to fight against the mountain and his mother. Surely? He wouldn't....?

And Tommen would be in a lose lose situation as well.

I shouldn't post when im tired.

It WILL be really cool if it happens

One thing is for sure - if there IS a trial by combat then High Sparrow will have something up his sleeve.

The Hound maybe?

One thing is for sure - if there IS a trial by combat then High Sparrow will have something up his sleeve.

The Hound maybe?
I think everyone has been expecting that, but it's pretty tough to imagine how do you get him to King's Landing in time given that he's in the riverlands right now. Also, he's going after the Brotherhood without banners, so that makes it even less likely he'll end up in King's Landing. It's not impossible, but given the time frame I think it's improbable.

throw this one in the garbage tank :)
Apparantly Tommen is an even bigger fool than we give him credit for.

throw this one in the garbage tank :)
Apparantly Tommen is an even bigger fool than we give him credit for.
Tommen just signed his own death warrant. I prect he is killed by wildfire, and that Jaime kills Cersei because she will be held responsible.

Of course, this won't happen because it's probably too complicated a concept for the writers of the show, who seem to be adrift at sea without a rudder now that they don't have the books to rely on.

I disagree. I wouldn't say it was deus ex machina at all. I thought it was actually a nice little twist showing just what a fool Tommen really is

I disagree. I wouldn't say it was deus ex machina at all. I thought it was actually a nice little twist showing just what a fool Tommen really is
It seems to me that trial by combat is built into tje religion, and not even the Higj Septon could chsnge the rule. What gives the High Sparrow the religious authority to be able to create such a game changer?

there was the 7 champions in the dunk & egg story as well to represent the faced god in the tourney no...
i guess what give the high septon this authority are the show writers. we'll see if grrm follows suit (maybe, i mean if wow ever comes out)

The high sparrow has the ear of the king and wants to make sure cersei cannot escape trial. And he has the religious authority of the office of the high septon, the voice of the gods in westeros...

The high sparrow has the ear of the king and wants to make sure cersei cannot escape trial. And he has the religious authority of the office of the high septon, the voice of the gods in westeros...
How does the High Sparrow have the aughoritu of the High Septon? Also, i would make the argument the even the High Septon wouldn't have the authority to abolish trial by combat. It's part of The Faith of the Seven

The high sparrow is the high septon. He is responsible for relaying the gods wishes to the people.
You are correct, but i would maintain that even the High Septon can't make up new rulrs whenever he feels like it.