Discussion thread -- June 2016 75-word Writing Challenge

Well done again Mosaix. On the subject of editing posts, I've learned to be very, very careful: I write my stories in an older version of Word and sometimes strangr stuff happens to the formatting, including spaces bing ropped, added, and paragraph breaks being inserted at random. So I usually read throug after posting and make swift use of the edit button.

Thanks to Johnnyjet, Chrispenycate, Ray McCarthy, Mr Orange, and Ursa Major for the mentions and listings. My vote and shortlist, for no real reasons other than they struck a chord somewhere in the mess that is my brain currently, were:

‘I can always make more of you.’ -- Ragandar

Merlin's Raspberry Unicorns: Only $1.98 -- Starbeast
A Mother's Wish -- ratsy
Business Ethics Paradigm Shapeshift -- Heijan Xavier
Cuckoo -- DG Jones
You can have any colour you like... -- Glen

My vote and shortlist, for no real reasons other than they struck a chord somewhere in the mess that is my brain currently, were: ‘I can always make more of you.’ -- Ragandar

Merlin's Raspberry Unicorns: Only $1.98 -- Starbeast
A Mother's Wish -- ratsy
Business Ethics Paradigm Shapeshift -- Heijan Xavier
Cuckoo -- DG Jones
You can have any colour you like... -- Glen

Thank you for the Short Listing, StilLearning. You made my day.

Oh man. :eek: In a few more hours, we begin the new 75 and 300. :confused:

Reactions: Vaz
Oh man. :eek: In a few more hours, we begin the new 75 and 300. :confused:
And don't forget, the poll for the slightly less official but still just as crunchy 100 Word Anonymous Challenge is now open!

100 Word Anonymous Writing Challenge June 2016

Poll for the June 2016 100 Word Anonymous Challenge

June 2016 100 Word Anonymous Challenge - Discussion Thread

16 freshly-extruded stories by the Chrons' finest (YES THEY ARE), all deserving of your vote!

Truly, we live in a golden age.

100 WORD ANONYMOUS WRITING CHALLENGE!!!

"OH NO!!! I FORGOT!!! I STILL HAVE A FEW MINUTES TO WRITE SOMETHING!!!"

29mvk2rjpg.gif

Yay - I picked a winner. Well done Mosaix, now let me see what your theme is for July.

I'm back, armed with my most deadly RAY GUNS and on the look out for Mosaix - ECHO!!!

Last edited:
I went too fast - I think that was the first time I've submitted on the first day. Almost certainly the first of my versefacations. But I know these people, and it was obvious that someone else would be investigating the triple wordplay on 'mass' (which they duly did.) Not that anyone else would be crazy enough to do it in rhyme, but I needed to be first. So even if it could have been improved (and I would generally take three of four days on that), which I assume it could but haven't even glanced to see), even if it was difficult to follow (as Parson observed - but then, each of the meanings is fairly trancendental (capable of boring one to sleep, hence the difference between 'trancendental' and 'transcendential ' meditation) so attempting to combine the two is doomed to confusion, burying the sacrament bedrock deep beneath the Pays de Gex. And some of my vocabulary was obscure (surprise, surprise). But then, what is one supposed to do for the rest of the month?

I didn't think I would have anything. Every fantasy setting I came up with was pastoral, every character who could remotely help me artisan and opposed to quantity without quality.
Finally I just sat one down and had him talk it out for me.

Only now does it occur to me that I could have had someone shopping mass produced things... Ah well.

I'm ashamed to admit that the Pro duck shun, went right over my head. Didn't catch it at all till it was explained, so sorry! Right there out in the open. I have no excuse.

Yay - I picked a winner. Well done Mosaix, now let me see what your theme is for July.

I'm back, armed with my most deadly RAY GUNS and on the look out for Mosaix - ECHO!!!

Sorry, Bowler. Because my internet connection is currently a bit iffy I thought I'd better get my theme in whilst I could. We're in a holiday cottage with the usual mix of books on the shelves. One is Val McDermid's Distant Echo - so that was it. Count yourself luck it wasn't the book next to it - John Baxter's The Black Yacht. We've had some challenging themes but imagine what you've said if it had been Yacht! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yachts always make me think of Duran Duran for some reason.

HER NAME IS RIO AND SHE DANCES ON THE SAND. That video had them all on like sailboats or something in the Caribbean? And it was about a woman named after a river? I don't know.

D'oh d'oh d'oh!

I turned around for a second to do some work stuff and next thing I know, I've missed the whole end of June :/

Congrats Mosaix! Great job!

Back