Discussion thread -- June 2016 75-word Writing Challenge

A loud bank followed by spluttering and a back firing engine - Bowler1 arrives in a cloud of fumes and on a Model T Ford. I'll get this thing into the 75 words or I'll run StillLearning over with it (you have a very good sporting chance of getting away StillLearning and should be grateful I'm not shooting you down, instead of running you down!).

While I'm here - ZzaapppPP.... - It's for your own good Chrispy, it really is.

Interesting choices: Mass Production as Fantasy. They would almost seem to be different enough to form the basis of an oxymoron. We will have to see if anything can percolate to the top of my thinking. Good luck everyone.

And Chrispy... did you have that lying around somewhere? Quite an original and dense treatment of the assignment.

I am just lucky that it is 75 words, and not 75K words... one small letter can make one BIG mess of my schedule

And Chrispy... did you have that lying around somewhere? Quite an original and dense treatment of the assignment.
A fantasy CERN? No way. I just saw the requirements, and knew I had to do that production of a mass, and fast - my versification takes longer than most people's prose. So probably it could be improved, but at least nobody else can beat me to it.:D

Lots of first timers already: that's nice.

I can think of loads of scenarios. I think the hard part for me is to be coherent in 75 words. I think I may try the 300. I'm more a 15K to 150K sized story writer so far.
I think of these as little brain exercises - almost like crosswords or sudoku puzzles. Something to keep the dementia at bay. :D Is this the first time you've done one of the challenges?

I have hopes for this one. The last one may not have turned out so well. But that's OK. It's a practice thing I call it. I just hope this 75 word story turns out better. We'll see.

Back