Another Sample Chapter

So, what I and some friends gather from this chapter (which I like much more than Arianne's and which seems to hint towards many things):

CONFIRMED:
Euron indeed killed Balon. (And two other brothers)
Euron raped Urri and Aeron while they were children/young teens on regular basis.

HINTS:
The paradigm of the Drowned God is shifted. Through years, many theories leaned towards him being more aligned with Others than other gods due to all the Death aspect of the worship, but it seems implied in Aeron's vision that it is not so and that all so far introduced gods all stand on the same side when it comes to their relation towards the Others. I reason it to be so since the vision Aeron sees of a tall, pale woman with white fire around her hands next to the throne. Could those be visions of the Night King and his Other Queen? If so, Euron might be unwittingly gunning for that position and he is mistakenly believing that Dany should be at his side.

The armour of the Valyrian steel is certainly a revelation. Who will get it in the end?

Sphynxes are mentioned again in a sentence with krakens and dragons. Could this be a tie in with the sphynx being the riddle and not the riddler motif? Could sphynxes be another mythical creature which are the question that needs to be asked? What do they represent then? We know that they were a motif of the Old Valyria at least. Were they more than just a motif used in their art?

Euron certainly tries to be Valyrian: the dragons, his armour, enslaving everyone he comes across, etc.

Who is the Drowned God's champion? Aeron thinks it is not Asha nor Victarion. Who is left? Theon perhaps? Does this mean that all gods have their champions in this fight? Old Gods according to Mel have Bran. R'hlor has Snow according to Mel's visions even if she is unable to interpret them right. The Seven obviously have Davos unless he is actually Drowned God's champion. I mean, Jon seems to be R'hlor's even though he never believed in R'hlor. And if Davos might be the Drowned God's champion, who then is the champion for the Sevens? Or do they all share a champion/champions? A single individual chosen by more than one god?

A bit off topic, but I am starting to get the feeling that all these gods are seemingly on a similar power setting as Valar's and Maia in Tolkien mythology. Who is the Eru of this universe? XD

I myself like idea of Davos as the champion of the Drowned God.
Sure, he venerates the Seven, but at the same time his actions affects people that worship various other gods. Moving to rescue Rickon (Old Gods), convincing Stannis to go aid Nights Watch (Old Gods/R'hlor), sending out Edric Storm away from Melisandre (Seven). He did things that benefits all important gods in Westeros except of Drowned God. But he DID drowned and rose again.

Also the warlock who kept repeating "Pree" I am guessing is Pyat Pree, the warlock who introduced Dany to the Undying.

a good chapter over all. Euron is clearly stark raving mad, so whatever happens with him should be interesting.

I wish for the shadow in the shape of a woman to be Cersei. I can almost see it: Euron going victorius for King's Landing, having defeated Aegon and Young Griff and taken their armies, adding dragons and griffins to his krakens. Then, Cersei offering him a deal, Tywin's last idea, to marry herself to Ironborn. Euron sits the Iron Throne, with Cersei as his queen, his fleets ruling the world and there is peace... Two dwarves are probably Tyrells and Martels or maybe what remained of Stannis' force and Highgarden, fighting against each other... Maybe Sansa and Rickon? Stannis and Bolton?

Then, Danny comes with Victarion and Ironborn fleets are burned and Euron is defeated.
For you see, Danny, Tyrion and Victarion are all Valonquars, younger siblings :D

Back