Does the series give proof to some book theories?

Needle

Arya's Whisper
Warning: possible spoilers for those not up to date on the HBO series!!!

Hello all. I needed a place to put some of what I think may be proof of some of our avid book reader theories. While we all know the series has in many areas veered widely from the written word and nothing is certain until we see it in print, I have a few things to put up for inspection!

1. Jon is not dead!!! While I believe the actual resurrection of Jon will be different from what we saw, I think we can be sure now that Jon is not dead!

2. Jon's watch ended with his death, freeing him.

3. I knew, knew, knew in my heart that the Old Gods, the Weirwoods, and the White Walkers were connected! Didn't see the Children being involved but as they worshipped the Old Gods I guess it fits. Now the question is: As much as I don't trust Rhallor (God of Light) any further than I can throw a God, does that make him the good guy, please tell me it doesn't!

4. Mel's giant ruby casts a glamour upon her. Just her appearance or is there more to it?

Well it is late and that's all I have for now. I'm sure there will be more to come!

IMO the show confirmed the Warging theory of how Jon survives - perhaps more reflex than a conscious process - but done nonetheless.

It's never clear in the show why Jon Snow was brought back to life - Mel is surprised, we see a few shots of Ghost (perhaps the most all season!!), and Jon doesn't remember anything.

IMO that's about as far as the show can go in showing a process that would otherwise be internal.

Last edited: