2.07: Fear The Walking Dead - Shiva

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Fd7zoyU.jpg

Celia Flores (Photo By Richard Foreman/AMC)

The family faces their biggest test yet; Nick, Madison, Travis and others try to stay close to each other.

Redeemed: Nick, Daniel, Madison and Strand

Main Characters on the kill-list: Chris, Alice, Travis and Ofelia

Side Characters on the kill-list: Alex and Celia

Series will return August 21st.

Celia is no Hershel. She's worshipping the other party, as we saw in the last episode, when she pinned Luis' picture under the grim face carved in the wood. She knew what her true son were. Hence devotion to the dead, and slaughtering Mexican Catholics.

The dead has been a long tradition in Mexican and Southern American cultures. And it continues growing strong, especially in that Trump hated nation, south-side US border. But what surprised me was that AMC actually confirmed that Celia is true to her words. The dead has been here for a long time and Daniel has seen them before.

In my own work, I based the plague similarly to south, but in my case it started in the caves of Northern Africa. In TWD's world, they're suggesting that the original source could be found from jungles of South America. In a place that Inka's used to rule for a long time.

Maybe they dug up something from the jungles. Something we haven't seen, but what has been confirmed in the main series by the CDC scientist. The other part in the question is: will there ever be a cure? was confirmed by Celia, when she admitted that the turned will stay that way, until they become dust.

What I loved in this episode was how the series embraced Mexican culture fully. Their people believe that the dead visit them in this world, and that what happened to Daniel. But then again I also loved Travis finally casting aside his pacifist nature and embrace his psychopathic side in this world that has gone crazy.

He and Chris has been on the kill-list for a long time, and this way, we can assume they will never come back in the main-cast. If they will, then Chris has accepted Travis vision and taken pacifism in his heart, while the world around them remain truly hostile.

We know they have in their heart an ability to survive even the most dire situation. Yet their nature is the most diabolical threat to the existence of FTWD's crew.

What did you thought?

This group is never more than a step ahead of destruction -- LA, Survivalist Island, Connorville, Celialand. Folks should duck when they see them coming.
Looks like the story will split when the season resumes, with Nick, Travis and Chris left behind.
Nick appears to be a complete Celia convert. He may briefly change his mind, should he find himself unexpectedly strolling among his new undead pals before he can coat himself with their blood.

Madison definitely on the redeem list, she didn't even blink when she locked the gate.

Yeah, but she wasn't smiling either. Madison doesn't want to take a life, but she will if she has to. And she was furious for Celia trying to take away from her son. And then it actually happening after she made sure there wasn't going to that party at Abigail's farm.

I don't know why Alice didn't ran out from the car and shout at her face: "Mum, what are you doing?"

This group is never more than a step ahead of destruction -- LA, Survivalist Island, Connorville, Celialand. Folks should duck when they see them coming.

It's like in early TWD.

Nick appears to be a complete Celia convert. He may briefly change his mind, should he find himself unexpectedly strolling among his new undead pals before he can coat himself with their blood.

I don't think he's convert. I think he sees a great opportunity to get a fix in the land that has so many drug cartels. In the same time he believes he's nearly invulnerable by being able to walk inside a hoard. Michonne always knew that the zombies in chain's would give her a cover, but she was never mad enough to not being able to take of her mask, if the need arrived. Nick doesn't have that sort of wisdom. Not yet.

I would expect Nick, Travis and Chris to join up and later meet up with the others again. Maybe the boat will be gone and their paths will soon cross. Perhaps with Nick killing Chris at some point.

Was this the last episode of the Season? If so, it wasn't a very good way to leave it. I'm hoping it is just a gap for one of those US holidays we don't have in the UK.