Going Through the Series, One Episode at a Time.

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
And loving it!

Until now...

S3 Ep13, The Hatchery… The only episode so far that I haven’t liked, as I go through them in order.

Everyone thought the Captain was going mad because he wanted to save the babies of an enemy. So much so, that they decided to mutiny.

Nothing the Captain did was wrong. His plan to bring the enemy ship’s nursery back online, even at an expense that might have jeopardized the mission, was the humane thing to do. His plan to send out a distress signal than leave the area was a smart one.

Yet in the end, the writers decided that something had happened to make the Captain act “so erratically”.

He had confined two officers to quarters for insubordination. They were insubordinate.

It is disturbing to me that the writers even thought his actions were tantamount to instability. We don’t go around killing, or by inaction, allow children to die, even when they are the children of our enemies. And my experience in the military tells me we would have taken the same course as Captain Archer.

Who are these heartless writers??

Well, just finished the series (last night). Loved the first three seasons. After finishing the 4th season, I can see why they cancelled it. They were all over the place. It was like they had no idea on where to take the storyline. When your writers have been drained, it's time to go.

I did enjoy the final episode though! That was very original!

Netflix has made STTNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise available all at once here in Brazil. To start with I thought my Trekkie spirit had vanished but I can see now that it is stronger than never. I am trying to cope with watching Enterprise and Voyager at once still completely scared that by the time I have finished to watch them Netflix could have DS9 removed from the list of available series.

Well, just finished the series (last night). Loved the first three seasons. After finishing the 4th season, I can see why they cancelled it. They were all over the place. It was like they had no idea on where to take the storyline. When your writers have been drained, it's time to go.

I did enjoy the final episode though! That was very original!

I wanted the Earth/Romulan War and the founding of the Federation.