Divine Will

Narkalui

Nerf Herder
No I'm not talking about Will the dead Night's Watch ranger being a God.

As Imp posted in his thread about the Valonqar, the members of Arya's list keep dying but not by her hand. Is this The Many Faced God answering her prayers?

The Red Priests perform sorcery, is it sorcery? Or is it the will of R'hllor?

How much influence do we think the various deities have over events, if any?

More than people give them credit for. Certain people such as Tyrion and Davos have survived against all odds, and it seems to me that no-one dies in Westeros until the Gods are done with them.

Let's look at Berric Dondarrion for example. He's been killed and resurrected so many times now... Heck, he's the Kenny of ASOIAF. Despite saying he wants it, he's not granted eternal rest until he's brought about Lady Stoneheart.

Nark, you make a great point.

What does a girl owe The Many Faced God for granting her these gifts? A girl may have to kill someone she might rather leave alive.

Ooooh! Sansa? Rickon after Davos recovers him from Skagos and Lord Manderly reveals him? That would certainly be a fit ending to Rickon' s Shaggy Dog story...

Given what Nark and Imp said here it makes me wonder. Jaqan said a girl saved 3 lives that belonged to the Many Faced God so she basically owed the God 3 lives, which she gave him (and then some with the weasel soup). So if the people on her list keep dying is it because she has unwittingly saved lives owed to the God?

Given what Nark and Imp said here it makes me wonder. Jaqan said a girl saved 3 lives that belonged to the Many Faced God so she basically owed the God 3 lives, which she gave him (and then some with the weasel soup). So if the people on her list keep dying is it because she has unwittingly saved lives owed to the God?
Maybe her payment to the FM is her very service to them?

Nark, you make a great point.

What does a girl owe The Many Faced God for granting her these gifts? A girl may have to kill someone she might rather leave alive.

Imp as you said in your last post, it is very possible that Arya's service is her payment to the MFG.

On the thought of Arya having to kill someone she would rather not, the first question is who is left alive that she may care about? My list would be:

Jon- first and foremost. Why? Who knows in the world of GRRM! Could she? I think this is the one person she would be totally unable to kill.

Sansa: True they were never close but Arya has (I believe) matured way past childhood sibling squabbles.

Rickon: I can see this happening on an accidental basis. She has not seen Rickon in years, he was still a toddler really. Especially if Shaggydog is truly dead she may not realize who he is if assigned to kill him.

Jaqan: He has become her go to person. She has threatened him once, would she carry through.

Sandor Clegane: I don't believe him to be dead. She had her chance with him once and didn't take it. I feel she came to care for him, so if The Hound is dead, leaving Sandor behind, could she kill him?

Imp as you said in your last post, it is very possible that Arya's service is her payment to the MFG.

On the thought of Arya having to kill someone she would rather not, the first question is who is left alive that she may care about? My list would be:

Jon- first and foremost. Why? Who knows in the world of GRRM! Could she? I think this is the one person she would be totally unable to kill.

Sansa: True they were never close but Arya has (I believe) matured way past childhood sibling squabbles.

Rickon: I can see this happening on an accidental basis. She has not seen Rickon in years, he was still a toddler really. Especially if Shaggydog is truly dead she may not realize who he is if assigned to kill him.

Jaqan: He has become her go to person. She has threatened him once, would she carry through.

Sandor Clegane: I don't believe him to be dead. She had her chance with him once and didn't take it. I feel she came to care for him, so if The Hound is dead, leaving Sandor behind, could she kill him?
Needle, did get a chance to read my Arya=Valonqar post?