Woodbridge Press Fantasy Collection Submission Call (closed)

Chopper, I had something similar with a certain comedy chapter (it ended up being one of the best). Unfortunately, I'm a bit snowed under at the moment, so spending a month on four thousand words (roughly what happened with the chapter) is just not feasible. On the plus side, I have a new idea which, early days, is working well. It also has a tasty line [normally I have about two to three of those in a novel, so one inside 800 words is pleasing].

Also, I've voted.

Sorry for the double post, but I should also state that the deadline for submissions is July 31st, 2016.

Phew, just checking there. I got my Hodderscape rejection today, so now I can have a break from 5th Century Britain and write something fun for this. *crack knuckles and rolls up sleeves* After all, might as well go for another rejection!

Bad luck, Kerry, but you did go a lot further than the vast majority.

Lucky me, I have an idea.

If I can wrangle some writing time in between now and then you'll get a submission form me.
July 31st right?

*still looking for the thing I thought I had started.*

These 12 day work weeks I give myself make it hard to stay organized, but I still think I have something, and maybe time to get it ready...

I'll try.
:)

Not on a regular basis.
I'm trying for 6, but accidentally set to 6's back to back.

Today I'm off, spent the morning sleeping in and catching up my personal accounting. Spent the afternoon spending on work clothes. Have the rest of the day to myself. Tomorrow on, Monday on-call at my old job, Tuesday-Thursday on Friday off...

Schedule set by the week. By Monday or Wednesday I'll know next week's schedule. Probably going to call into the old job less frequently now I have enough work clothes to not feel self conscious about wearing the same 4 shirts one after another.
Less laundry too, which means more time to finish off a couple other back burner projects.

Was talking with my Best Friend about how I deal (or rather don't deal) with plateaus in my life. That being as this is pretty much the first time I've had the opportunity to be myself, no hold barred, I should take it slow, not be in a rush, and take the time to acclimate to being me.

I agree whole heartedly, not sure how I'll do it. Being more of a "further in and further up" charger. (So Reepicheep the Mouse, I know...)

For now I've got a plate of biscuits and gravy, my phone for internetting on, and a small pile of dishes to ignore til it's time to figure out dinner.

Hello everyone following this thread. Just a heads up that you have just over a month to send in a submission.

I am currently working on getting the final versions of Explorations in, then will be moving on to the cover of this collection when the other one is in the copy-editor's hands. Everything is on schedule at this point!

There is a lot of time still to come up with a submission to this collection. The few we have so far are great so we have our work cut out for us at the end of the month.

I have commissioned the cover artist for the book as of today, and I shared with him the vision I have for it. Hopefully I will have something to share with the world in a month or so.

Looking forward to the cover, Ratsy.

Well I've subbed something. The lineup makes me faintly quake with uncertainty about my own abilities, but blimey what an opportunity. Big high fives to Ratsy for getting those authors together and a huge thank you for giving people on Chrons even the chance to join them. It really is terrific.

Big high fives to Ratsy for getting those authors together and a huge thank you for giving people on Chrons even the chance to join them. It really is terrific.

Well I still think that I must have found a magic talisman or a mythical amulet, because I still can't believe the line-up! And I am more than happy to somehow have started something and been able to offer an opportunity to the Chrons gang. Now if I could only get one of my own stories into one of these....kidding of course. High five back buddy.