Woodbridge Press Fantasy Collection Submission Call (closed)

ratsy

I'm happy to announce the third collection by Woodbridge Press!

The tentative title is 'Across the World', and we are looking for stories 5,000-10,000 words in length.

Much is the same way we have done it with Explorations, I have invited a group of authors to write stories for this. From our submissions on the Chrons, we will be realistically accepting 2-3 entries.

What we are looking for are fantasy stories about journeys, adventures, and quests. There is something special about those old fantasy books we all grew up reading, whether it was Frodo leaving the Shire to make his way through peril to Mordor, or Thomas Covenant walking the Land. I want to recapture that essence with a new take on it. So give me classic, grim-dark, magic systems, or epic, but just make sure that the journey is the heart of it.

I am very happy to announce that our very own @Teresa Edgerton will be editing the collection, and she will make the final call on which stories submitted will be included along side the invited authors.

Here is the current author listing, and as a huge fantasy fan, I am more than thrilled to have each of them included in this book.

Julia Knight
Adrian Tchaikovsky
John Gwynne
Steven Poore
Teresa Edgerton
Gail Z Martin
Juliet E McKenna
Jacob Cooper
Charlie Pulsipher
Anna Dickinson
Juliana Spink Mills
Douglas Hulick

Payment will be $50.00 US and a share of 40% of the net revenues on print and electronic. We are also exploring doing an audio version as well.

I know there are so many awesome authors here, and I really look forward to seeing what you all come up with!

Please email submissions to info@woodbridgepress.ca, and feel free to contact either Teresa or myself if you have any questions about the project.

This sounds interesting. I may have a go at writing something.

Best of luck ratsy, sounds great!

Oh yay! It's official! I can talk about it now! :D
I'm really excited (and a little scared) to be part of this project. Looking forward to seeing which other Chronners will be joining us. :)

Juliana, your story is awesome, and you have nothing to be scared of!! I loved it.

Thanks for the kind words gang. :)

Sorry for the double post, but I should also state that the deadline for submissions is July 31st, 2016.

That's a stellar lineup, Ratsy.

I'm near certain to write something serious for it, but if someone did want to write a comedy, would that be ok? [Quests make me think of the Chosen Ones from The Bard's Tale].

Thadd, maybe shoot Teresa a message on your idea, and see if that is something she'd like to see.

Grargh. Had what I thought was a good idea, but didn't really seem to work. Will try and conjure up another cunning plan.

I just thought I would share and say congrats to all the Gemmel Award Nominees! I am so happy to see many of those books on the list and am even more excited to say that five of the best novel nominees are authors in this collection!

Huge congrats to John Gwynne, Steven Poore, Gail Z Martin, Julia Knight, and Adrian Tchaikovsky!

Award Voting 2016 – The David Gemmell Awards for Fantasy

Chopper, you're story is just awesome. I really can't wait to share this with the world.

Might have an alternative storyline. I'll try bashing it into shape. [Bit annoyed about the first one as it seemed ideal on paper but the damned thing refused to be written].

Good luck, Chopper. I shall sacrifice a goat to Nike* on your behalf.

*Nike being Goddess of Victory, of course.