Avatar: The Last Airbender comics

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
I just checked Amazon as I'd heard there's a comic adaptation to Last Airbender - but there are quite a few, and I'm somewhat lost in terms of reading order. A single graphic novel compendium could be great. Could anyone advise?

Also, do the comics share the same depth and vision of the Nickelodeon TV series, or does it lose something in the new stories?

I just checked Amazon as I'd heard there's a comic adaptation to Last Airbender - but there are quite a few, and I'm somewhat lost in terms of reading order. A single graphic novel compendium could be great. Could anyone advise?

Also, do the comics share the same depth and vision of the Nickelodeon TV series, or does it lose something in the new stories?
I always lookup wikipedia regarding collected editions and reading order, they have all relevant info
On the actual comic i couldn't advise, i generally avoid such adaptations in comics, not sure why

I have to avoid it in case of spoilers. I learned that lesson the hard way with Agents of Shield!
Since i don't have any plan to read it, here you go :)

Material from the original graphic novels is collected in an over-sized library edition featuring notes from the creators and a sketchbook section

1 The Promise - 20 February 2013 - Collects The Promise 1-3 ISBN 9781616550745
2 The Search - 5 February 2014 - Collects The Search 1-3 - ISBN 9781616552268
3 The Rift - 24 February 2015 - Collects The Rift 1-3 - ISBN 9781616555504
4 Smoke and Shadow - 21 September 2016 - Collects Smoke and Shadow 1-3 - ISBN 9781506700137