Dr Strange: trailer

So when Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark way back when, I was properly disappointed, because IMHO he would have been a perfect Stephen Strange.

Turns out he was a perfect Tony Stark, which alas just goes toward how similar the two characters are :D

That said, and as a lifelong Dr. Strange fangirl, I genuinely adored this film. Perhaps what I really liked, though, was having a blockbuster film with an actual magic-user as the main character for once. It warms the cockles of my fantasy-loving heart!

Hello Amelia and welcome to the Chrons !:)

Robert Downey Jr is already linked in my mind to Tony Stark. It would be really weird to see him playing as Dr. Strange too. Benedict Cumberbatch was finally the best choice as in my opinion is the kind of very stuborn and proud men.

Last edited:
A unique part of the film was at the end when Dr Strange fought Mads in forward time, while everything around them happened backwards - yet both sets of action directly interacted.

I loved that bit! I enjoyed the film a lot overall, even if it was just another origin story that serves as an elongated trailer for what's coming next, complete with post-credits scenes setting up future plots or whatever.

Plus it gets immediate and easy bonus points from me for having Rachel McAdams in it :love: :ninja: :D

Okay, I just watched the movie (Thank you, Netflix!). I liked it!

And I now understand why I saw so many posts against it on social media: It told an actual story!

But the action scenes were great - well choreographed/timed! And weren't just a bunch of mindless violence!

Impressed, I was!

(You know, I don't always use so many exclamation points; but when I do, I really go overboard!!!)

It told an actual story!

Oh yes, but more importantly

And weren't just a bunch of mindless violence!

There's such a pushback against stories which don't use violence against the antagonist to solve the problem at the moment. It's a real worry to me, because I think it says a lot about the public attitude toward solving problems altogether. It's easy to kill your enemy. It's hard to come to an understanding, to negotiate, to compromise. Worse, to have empathy for him.

Even Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them got hit by this backlash. People hated that the protagonist was intelligent and compassionate, and attempted to solve the problem with kindness and empathy instead of blatting it with magic.

Back