The Haunting of Lake Manor Hotel

Cheers for the update, Ratsy.

Ha, Phyre, we need some bad reviews to balance things out so people know we aren't buying reviews! It won't be for everyone. At least she gave it two stars. If anyone else has read and wants to leave a Goodreads review, that would be awesome too! or just give a rating! We have 6 ratings and just got a new review on Goodreads today. Lots of people starting to add the book to their lists now too. I think we will see some more reviews trickling in over the next couple months, just based on the volume of books sold and read in June.

Dixie Schulz rated a book really liked it

The Haunting of Lake Manor Hotel

by Nathan Hystad
read in June, 2016
Rate this book
4 of 5 stars
I am not a fan of short stories, I love the making of people characters, etc. But this was pretty good. lots of mystery, spooky, great ghost stories. Loved it

And here is a new one from this week on Amazon

4.0 out of 5 starsCreative Horror
By Rev Gurley on June 17, 2016
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
A creative idea: Give 13 (I think) different horror writers a basic outline of a hotel by a lake, then each writer takes a "room" and writes their own short story of why that room is haunted. As expected, some "rooms" are better than others, but overall, a good read. I'd love to see other books written in this format.

The thing I am hearing the most is that people like the shared world concept, and this is key to what Woodbridge is doing in some of these books.

We are well past my initial expectation of sales, and we are only 2.5 months in, so now we are halfway to my ultimate goal with this book. I will keep that secret though until I start throwing balloons around and tossing little hotel confetti around.

So we are still #3 in the UK, and in the most wished for list, so that's cool! We are dropping like a rock in the US, so that just shows what running promos does. I will be doing a promo in July in the US and hope that will get us boosted up. Had a few more reviews on the amazons and Goodreads this week. Hopefully more will keep rolling in.

top 3.png

So here we are, still hanging in there at #3 in the UK. I have a Book Barbarian scheduled for late August to coincide with the release of Explorations, so that should boost us up in the US I hope. I am really happy that over three months after its release we are still selling more than a book a day!

Lake Manor UK.jpg

I guess Gutted is the most successful book Crystal Lake Publishing has released, and they are a model I highly respect. I've read few of their books and he does a wonderful job. If you're looking for a cool novel, he released Blackwater Val by Bill Gorman this year and it was a great read. Very 80s Stephen King-esque

I like the horror genre, and hope to publish one or two a year as Woodbridge gains steam. Would love a horror novel at some point too. @Phyrebrat et al ;)

I guess Gutted is the most successful book Crystal Lake Publishing has released, and they are a model I highly respect. I've read few of their books and he does a wonderful job. If you're looking for a cool novel, he released Blackwater Val by Bill Gorman this year and it was a great read. Very 80s Stephen King-esque

I like the horror genre, and hope to publish one or two a year as Woodbridge gains steam. Would love a horror novel at some point too. @Phyrebrat et al ;)

Hey Ratsy, ok for authors on Goodreads to add that to their bibliographies? Not sure whether either that's the done thing on Goodreads (I added it on Amazon) or if author names are required for it to work.