3.13 Parting Shot

Anushka Mokosh

Matryona Marzanna
The ending scene with Hunter and Bobbi made me tear up quite a bit. Despite the send off, I hope this isn't last of them. For the entire episode, I was just thinking of how amusing Hunter's motormouth can be. And the entire episode was such a set up for the ending that it feels like a punch you should have seen coming.

Spin off of Marvels Most Wanted will feature them I believe ;)

Best episode of the series yet. Even though the storyline was a little wonky. That ending touched me in places I didn't know I had :) In fact, this whole season has been pretty damn good ever since Elizabeth Henstridge's amazing performance in episode 5 of season three. Yeah that happened this season too!

I'm shocked at how good it got and how it's quickly becoming must see TV for me. It's one of the few shows I can't stop thinking about during the week and one of the few I look forward to watching. I find it to be genuinely thrilling and exciting. As well as full of mystery because you never know what they could encounter next. Plus the hydra storyline is really well timed and I like that it's not all about that every episode.

Part of me hopes that MMW is not that successful so they can easily come back after 8 or 10 episodes. I don't see how it could get non-marvel fans in. Since SHIELD is already a niche within Marvel. There aren't that many fans of this show (compared to say daredevil) and there will be less fans of MMW.

Last edited:
Hmm. Interesting reactions because I wasn't that taken with the episode. Losing cast members (perhaps not permanently, but still) is fairly serious for a series, but this felt like it came out of nowhere [within the series]. The ending was nice, and there was an impending doom feel throughout.

Anyway, at least they can get that holiday. They should try Tahiti. I hear it's a wonderful place.

Hmm. Interesting reactions because I wasn't that taken with the episode. Losing cast members (perhaps not permanently, but still) is fairly serious for a series, but this felt like it came out of nowhere [within the series]. The ending was nice, and there was an impending doom feel throughout.

Anyway, at least they can get that holiday. They should try Tahiti. I hear it's a wonderful place.

Within the series, it was unexpected for Bobbi. Within the episode, not so much.

I agree with that. I think an out of the blue departure can work (most notably a few episodes ago) but this jarred a little.

The ending scene with Hunter and Bobbi made me tear up quite a bit. Despite the send off, I hope this isn't last of them. For the entire episode, I was just thinking of how amusing Hunter's motormouth can be. And the entire episode was such a set up for the ending that it feels like a punch you should have seen coming.
"Spy's Goodbye." Wonder if they do that with real spies? It's waaaay better than "you know too much" followed by a bullet and a shallow grave. :D

"Spy's Goodbye." Wonder if they do that with real spies? It's waaaay better than "you know too much" followed by a bullet and a shallow grave. :D

The latest events in the world and general pessimism I seem to have fallen into would dictate that the latter would ring truer.

Well...that was interesting. Sort of.

I agree with Thad - this came out from nowhere. SHIELD have been in tighter situations that this. As SHIELD still doesn't officially exist, what was there to stop Hunter and Bobbi simply being whisked away? Certainly Coulson seemed to think he could get them out.

But Hunter and Bobbi decided to face the music because...? Whatever the reason was, it was too subtle for me to pick up. Both agents have been in danger for their lives before - what changed?

Felt like one or more actors had other obligations and needed to leave the series, so the change in cast was jumped on everybody. That's how it felt like.

An emotional farewell - but was left wondering why it occurred in the first place.

I wonder if that'll come to UK freeview. Still seems weird to me Agent Carter never did.