We've had worse days, Rodney...

Gary Compton

I miss you, wor kid.
I thought it might be good for a thread showing Tickety Boo ranking achievements.

I will add the others when I dig them out but today, Endeavour and Erebus by Ralph Kern are #1 and #2 ih "Hard Sf," on Amazon.co.uk

Endeavour has been #1 for 10 days and was #1 in Science Fiction

I have been doing alot more on the promo side and it is working!

#cigartime

Screenshot 2016-03-17 13.01.25.png

Screenshot 2016-03-09 09.25.19.png

Good spot, DG Jones. Half the top 6 are from Chrons :D

Not to be confused with Nikhil, in the other #6 slot... :p

I really must read endeavor but I am to old to adapt to a kindle/read on technology. I need to read it printed on good old fashioned paper.

Ajid, I was also a reluctant Kindle-adopter, but the e-reader is excellent. It's about as easy on the eyes as paper.

Ajid, I was also a reluctant Kindle-adopter, but the e-reader is excellent. It's about as easy on the eyes as paper.

:) You wouldn't be the first to try to convert me. I wrote an article 3 or 4 years ago on an old blog site that has long since disappeared but I believe I have a copy some where I could share. I have nothing against people reading on a kindle but it changes the reading experience for me in a way I'm simply not confortable with. I went as far last month as to print off every 75 word challenge entry and read them so I could judge more fairly.

I love the options it has given people on both the reading and self publishing sides. It just looses some of the emotional connection I have to reading to if I do it on a device.

Np. I can see why some would prefer not to go that way (I still buy only physical copies of histories. Better for photos and maps).

I really must read endeavor but I am to old to adapt to a kindle/read on technology. I need to read it printed on good old fashioned paper.

Endeavour is for sale on the TBP website as a paperback. :)

Can I trouble you for a link, cannae seem to find it.

Thank you. I am extremely excited about reading this. I am one of those that rather enjoyed Forge Of God and the Fermi Paradox has had me hooked as a plot device since. I shall buy it and put it high on the reading list. I love that buzz when you're about to read something your sci fi friends haven't discovered yet.

Feels so strange to see them at the top of my sub-genre of choice!

Ajid, I'd definitely list Greg Bear (Forge of God / Anvil of Stars) as one of my inspirations. Others would be Alastair Reynolds, Stephen Baxter, Jack McDevitt, Arthur C Clarke and Gregory Benford. I hope you enjoy my own offerings into the hard SF / Fermi Paradox genre.

Feels so strange to see them at the top of my sub-genre of choice!

Ajid, I'd definitely list Greg Bear (Forge of God / Anvil of Stars) as one of my inspirations. Others would be Alastair Reynolds, Stephen Baxter, Jack McDevitt, Arthur C Clarke and Gregory Benford. I hope you enjoy my own offerings into the hard SF / Fermi Paradox genre.

Well you've named a fair few of my heroes thare.

P.S I love the artwork.