After SuperHeroes , What Do You Think Will be the Next Big Thing in The Movies?

Yeah, I watched about half of the Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet CGI series, and they both seemed like reasonable modern reimaginings of the shows. Unlike the god-awful movie.

The 2004 film had the right look, buts thats all it had.

If that was true, they wouldn't have screwed up Star Wars as badly as they did. They didn't even have to write new movies, they could just have adapted the existing books and watched the money roll in.

The problem is that, when they don't take the safe bet, they take the batcrap crazy bet ('come on, the fans will love us killing off all the old characters for no good reason. And they can never get enough Death Stars').

I actually like the Abraham Star Wars film andI liked Rogue one and Solo way better then then those crappy CGI driven Prequel monstrosities that Lucas did.

Space: 2099. There's your change.

Thats the first thing. As to the moon , what if the explosion caused the moon to phase out of orbit and travel down hyper space and reappear near star systems, The space around the moon is quantumly unstable so the moon can only in remain in normal space for few days before it gets dragged back into hyperspace and sent somewhere else, The people on Moon Base Alpha can predict when this will happen and calibrate their exploration on a time table. That would solve major problem right there. The base would be much much larger with tens of thousands of people even some aliens who join up and yes families .

Last edited:
The fact that we're getting a Bumble Bee movie tells me that the Transformer franchise might still have life left in it . Heaven help us.:eek:

If the music industry was anything like the movie industry, all we'd get is covers

Agree. I think that's why we're getting so many reboots of the more common franchises..

How many different actors have we seen for Batman, Spiderman, Hulk, Superman etc. recently?

It's also interesting how many movies are now based on books - I'm not sure if the figure has ever been this high, or just whether it's always been that way and I'm just noticing more nowadays.

It's also interesting how many movies are now based on books - I'm not sure if the figure has ever been this high, or just whether it's always been that way and I'm just noticing more nowadays.

Interesting question! My first instinct is to say "no" because books were always important sources for movie scripts ---- But I have no evidence one way or the other.

Just read a few Sword & Sandals film reviews from the film thread. Maybe the two genres will alternate or merge.