March 100 Word Anonymous Challenge - Discussion Thread

ratsy

I don't have time to run a 100 word challenge this month. If anyone wants to step up and take over, please do so! I can pass on the Theme and Genre to the volunteer! If not, we can always do one in April.

I think it would be a shame not to have one this month.
I'm pretty busy myself, but if nobody minds not getting their stories posted immediately after sending them to me, I'll do it.

I would suggest a closing submission date after that of the 75, now, as we're starting a bit late.
So probably closing the 25th with voting closing on the 28th?
Or are we going for a short one closing before the 75?(which closes on the 23rd.)

Well done farntfar. 25th and 28th seem a good idea. Who's going to kick off the theme / genre thread?

The ending date for posts seems a little undefined here. Are we ending posting or voting on the
28th?
Ratsy.
You've set the last date for posting as the 28th in the entries thread. I have no objection either way, but let's get it sorted out now rather than wait for screams from late posters on the 26th. :)

Otherwise, for you early birds, I'm ready to receive your entries..

(And the first entry hits the board scant minutes later.)

Come one. Come all!
Everyone is welcome.

I thought maybe the 28th for stories was better so the voting for the 75th would be over. I hate to have them at the same time. Then Voting until the 31st? Sorry I was half asleep when I posted it

I thought maybe the 28th for stories was better so the voting for the 75th would be over. I hate to have them at the same time. Then Voting until the 31st? Sorry I was half asleep when I posted it

That suits me. We'll keep to the published timetable.
Last date to post the 28th.
Voting til the 31st.

However. 1 last point, Ratsy.
You have specified 12pm. I think we need to change that, as 12 pm is noon, not midnight and people will get confused. (Even if 12 noon makes my life much easier. :))

It doesn't matter where you are. PM starts at noon and AM at midnight. Thus 12pm is noon and therefore unusual.

I think it best to specify 24:00 GMT. (1am for me. La Farovna will be livid again. Sigh!)

We could go 24:00 Oz time, for Droflet. Midday for me.(ish. depends where you are in Oz)
So I'd be happy too. ;-)

However. 1 last point, Ratsy.
You have specified 12pm. I think we need to change that, as 12 pm is noon, not midnight and people will get confused. (Even if 12 noon makes my life much easier. :))

I told you I was sleeping!! :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Sorry. I'm just confusing everybody.

Posting ends the 28th at midnight (24:00) GMT, when voting starts.
Voting end the 31st at 24:00 GMT.

Lets just keep am and pm out of it. (As well as La Farovna/my wife)
(I am on French time so 24:00 GMT is 1 in the morning for me. :()

Looks like I'll have to do a websearch to see what time that is here.

Who am I kidding? My entry is already written in my head - just gotta get it typed! :LOL:

A second magnificent story goes up for you to enjoy.

Keep 'em coming.

And another excellent story arrives overnight.

One of the nice things about this job is to get all these great entries with your name on them.

Story number 4 is up.
And the quality is still astounding.

I'd advise you (and me) to get in quick before all the great ideas have gone.

"New Strange Bedfellows" -- An ancient legend and a new myth combine in an unexpected way in this lighthearted tale.

"Alchemy" -- The old dream of transmutation is seen in a different manner in this story.

"The Color of Gold is Green" -- This fast-paced, action-filled yarn shows us the price of greed.

"The Darkest Magick" -- This vision of an exotic world carries a satiric sting in its tail.