Surprising article about Child of Saturn (my first novel, 1989)

Teresa:-

I've just clicked on the Media tab above.

I wouldn't mind betting there are some artists who have submitted content there that would jump at the chance of being locked up for a book cover deal.

Some of the pictures are amazing and might even be suitable. There's lots of fairy, castle, magical imagery etc.

Ooooo! Sounds like this great classic fantasy might see the light of day again! If you do get it out there, I'll go post a comment over on that blog where I slip it in that it's newly released as an ebook.

Some of the pictures are amazing and might even be suitable. There's lots of fairy, castle, magical imagery etc.

The problem is, TEIN, that a lot of the art in the albums here was not created by the people who post it. It's work from the websites of well-known professional artists who charge a great deal, are much in demand, and the pictures not only would make suitable book covers, they already have for somebody else. The people who post them here aren't trying to pass them off as their own. They're just sharing things they've seen and loved.

There is some original work posted in the albums, of course, and if I decide to publish the book I'll definitely be giving Chronicles artists a look to see if there is anything of the quality and in the style I am looking for. But I would want an original piece of art commissioned especially for the book.

Eastercon next week in the UK Teresa. At some point i'll be looking at the artist section/competition.
I"ll keep my eyes open for a innocent young bloke who wants to travel and see the world from a barred attic window.

Unfortunately, there's no attic here, not even a miserable excuse for a garret. The dungeon is flooded, and the only pair of manacles I have on hand are just about rusted through. I fear we're not prepared to welcome ... guests.

But all kidding aside, I would want to wait until I can pay a fair price for quality work. When people you don't know give you too good a deal you're not in a position to be too fussy about what you get. (This I have learned through hard experience.) And I want to feel free to fuss over the details. I've been stuck with the present cover since 1989. The next one had better be one I can fall in love with.