Discussion Thread -- March 2016 75-word Writing Challenge

Yay, well done Cat, my type of challenge. I've have no idea what to do (Ashleyne is scary and super fast (note to self, no RAY GUN shoot outs with Ashleyne)), but lots of time yet.

Is space fantasy the same as space opera or are there distinctions???? - I tried to quote you PH but edit and quote didn't get on my computer at least!

Is space fantasy the same as space opera or are there distinctions?

pH
Space fantasy are stories set in space with fantasy elements - magic, dragons, that sort of thing.

Space opera are sf stories set in space with may not obey the laws of physics, Capt!

So, Star Wars is space fantasy, Star Trek space opera.

Clear as mud? :D

Interesting theme and genre. Thank you Cat's.

Space, the final frontier, voyages to strange new worlds, to write out fantasies, within 75 words, that no one has done before.

Hmm. This sounds oddly familiar to me.

*will be humming "a whole new world" all day, picturing Jasmine and Aladdin zipping through the cosmos on a magic carpet...*

If it gets too much I might have to reintroduce explosive decompression... *diabolical snicker*

*will be humming "a whole new world" all day

On a daily basis I get a Disney song stuck on repeat in my mouth, and this is usually the go to one as it happens... Except with this challenge hanging around i think it might be on repeat all month :eek:

Space fantasy are stories set in space with fantasy elements - magic, dragons, that sort of thing.

Space opera are sf stories set in space with may not obey the laws of physics, Capt!

So, Star Wars is space fantasy, Star Trek space opera.

I believe you've missed your calling. This is the clearest most accessible definition I've ever heard. You perhaps should write dictionaries?

I'm excited about this challenge.

Ashleyne. B. Watts -- This surrealistic tale shows an extraordinary imagination at work.

Cathbad -- The author creates a mysterious and haunting space adventure.

Ajid -- The vast scope of this mystical encounter is awe-inspiring.

Damn. Two good ideas so far. I'm going to need another account!

Well, I'll see what I can come up with. Hopefully something that resembles something readable.