Panels Eastercon

Full details of panels at Eastercon. Of course could be subject to change.
The Fuzzy Set of Horror
Saturday 19:00 - 20:00, Room 7 (Hilton Deansgate) 26th March 2016

Ghost stories, supernatural, suspense, gore, shock horror, all of these used to be more or less recognisable and identifed as distinct genres. Today they are increasingly classified as just horror. What effect does this have on the writing, publishing, advertising and sales of the separate genres and what are we missing - or gaining - by merging the genres into a collective whole?

Sumptuously Gothic
Sunday 19:00 - 20:00, Room 6 (Hilton Deansgate) 27th March 2016

The look and feel of gothic art and imagery in and out of the movies, from the work of Tim Burton to Penny Dreadful and the recent Crimson Peak, gothic art adds a new, old dimension to the production designers palette. This panel of artists, fans and authors discuss the phenomena, what makes it so velvety and rich and how it influences and manifests in their work.

Full details of panels at Eastercon. Of course could be subject to change.
The Fuzzy Set of Horror
Saturday 19:00 - 20:00, Room 7 (Hilton Deansgate) 26th March 2016

Ghost stories, supernatural, suspense, gore, shock horror, all of these used to be more or less recognisable and identifed as distinct genres. Today they are increasingly classified as just horror. What effect does this have on the writing, publishing, advertising and sales of the separate genres and what are we missing - or gaining - by merging the genres into a collective whole?

Sumptuously Gothic
Sunday 19:00 - 20:00, Room 6 (Hilton Deansgate) 27th March 2016

The look and feel of gothic art and imagery in and out of the movies, from the work of Tim Burton to Penny Dreadful and the recent Crimson Peak, gothic art adds a new, old dimension to the production designers palette. This panel of artists, fans and authors discuss the phenomena, what makes it so velvety and rich and how it influences and manifests in their work.

Sounds good, Sue, especially that second one which, sadly, I will miss (my kids want their mammy back for Easter tea.)

I'm on on Saturday - I'll confirm titles and what not when the programme comes out -

2.30-3.30 I'm talking about disaster and apocalypse vs catastrophe. Lots of catastrophic reading coming up! :)
4-5 I will be on a space opera panel.

I'm really looking forwards to it. :)

Hope it goes well for both of you :)

Less than two weeks to go, now!!!! re-watching a number of "Gothic" themed films and a couple of new ones.