What Are Your Choices For The Greatest TV Show, Creators Producers And Writers of All Time ?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Which are the greatest in those categories what is that makes them so noteworthy? This topic covers shows past and present and all the tv show genres.:)

For me, JMS (there's no way I can spell that surname.) Babylon 5 was a tour de force in episodic television and story telling.

Gene Roddenberry. Star Trek remains one of the greatest sf and TV creations ever.

Gerry Anderson. He ruled my childhood.

In the writer category, I'd like to nominate:
Peter J Hammond, who created the iconic 'Ace of Wands' series in the 70s and has been responsible for a lot of UK TV drama, usually with a quirky slant - Peter J. Hammond - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nigel Kneale for Quatermass, and his other great one off dramas, mainly SF/fantasy/horror such as 'The Stone Tape' (and his influence on other writers and on show creators) - Nigel Kneale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Just correcting my own post - I meant to say P J Hammond wrote for Ace of Wands and created 'Sapphire and Steel', another fave of mine.

I agree also the others posted above, and would add to those Verity Lambert, first producer of Doctor Who.

JMS
Nigel Kneale
Rod Serling
Ron Moore

I, Claudius. I especially liked Sian Phillips as Livia.

It's the opposite of lots of modern TV. Poor effects/makeup/sets/wardrobe, but fantastic acting throughout.

I'd also like to add the guys that did Airplane and all of the spoof movies that came from it. (Was it Zuckerberg?) Most of them weren't my cup of tea, but Airplane, Airplane II and some others were genuinely funny.

I'd also like to add Mel Brooks too.

I'd also like to add the guys that did Airplane and all of the spoof movies that came from it. (Was it Zuckerberg?) Most of them weren't my cup of tea, but Airplane, Airplane II and some others were genuinely funny.

I'd also like to add Mel Brooks too.

There was a Police Squad tv series which lasted about 6 episodes . It was the basis of the Police squad movies. :)

Babylon 5 has been mentioned (created by J. Michael Straczynski)

For me a close second would be Burn Notice (created by Matt Nix)

In short, I enjoyed the character growth and an overall story arc.

I'll start us off:
  • Gene Roddenberry - Because STAR TREK.
  • Aaron Sorkin - Some of the best and sharpest dialogue-writing in the business.
  • Joss Whedon - Because BUFFY.
  • Rod Serling - Because TWILIGHT ZONE.

Aaron Sorkin in particular! Audacious writer, especially during his 4 season stint for the political drama "The West Wing" - which remains my favourite, and oft-repeated, TV drama series thus far.

Ray Galton & Alan Simpson, screenwriters for my 2nd favourite comedy show, "Steptoe and Son"

Anthony Jay and Jonathan Lynn, writers for my favourite comedy show(s), "Yes, Minister" and "Yes, Prime Minister"

Writer, producer and narrator, Carl Sagan, for his wonderful "Cosmos" book and follow-up TV series.

Babylon 5 has been mentioned (created by J. Michael Straczynski)

For me a close second would be Burn Notice (created by Matt Nix)

In short, I enjoyed the character growth and an overall story arc.

Agreed.:)

Back